Aldi's find BBQ Sauce and mussels

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
For those you shop Aldi. I picked up some Burman's Carolina bbq sauce. Said what the heck only $1.99. Man I like this. Has a great flavor. Picked up couple more before it disappears. The others are suppose to be good also. Been buying these frozen mussels for years. I know what you going to say. Frozen mussels? There are quite good. There are several flavors all stacked together. I had to pull the front box out today to find the butter.

20210824_125157.jpg
20210824_113742.jpg

Last edited:
my wife get those mussels all the time, i think they're pretty good, havent had the burmans though.

Interesting...I have never looked for mussels at Kroger (where we shop - no Aldi here) just checked online and they have them. very affordable. we LOVE mussels. I will need to give these a rip. the ones I can get are Kroger Private Select. They never seem to disappoint with their brand products.

thanks for the tip Brian!

my wife get those mussels all the time, i think they're pretty good, havent had the burmans though.
Interesting...I have never looked for mussels at Kroger (where we shop - no Aldi here) just checked online and they have them. very affordable. we LOVE mussels. I will need to give these a rip. the ones I can get are Kroger Private Select. They never seem to disappoint with their brand products.

thanks for the tip Brian!
One of the seafood I can still afford. I went to Sam's today and walked out empty handed. Really did not need anything but the prices of seafood getting crazy. I going to have to just bite the bullet and get some crab pretty soon. Might have to just give my card to someone to get. Every time I go just can't do it.

For those you shop Aldi. I picked up some Burman's Carolina bbq sauce. Said what the heck only $1.99. Man I like this. Has a great flavor. Picked up couple more before it disappears. The others are suppose to be good also. Been buying these frozen mussels for years. I know what you going to say. Frozen mussels? There are quite good.

View attachment 508736
View attachment 508737
How do fix the mussels? There are several Aldis around here.
I see they already have a butter sauce.

How do fix the mussels? There are several Aldis around here.
I see they already have a butter sauce.
In past I have opened bag and dumped into pan with lid. As soon as they open they are done. Last time I threw the whole bag into boiling water. That worked good.

Last edited:
Reactions: SmokyMose
Looks really good. We have Aldi here, I never thought to look for Mussels there. It's in the Frozen section?
Thanks for the info. Love Mussels, haven't had them in a long time.

Looks really good. We have Aldi here, I never thought to look for Mussels there. It's in the Frozen section?
Thanks for the info. Love Mussels, haven't had them in a long time.
Yes by the fish. They have several flavors all mixed in together.

HUGE fans of Aldis and the frozen mussels. We used to able to get fresh all over but no longer. The frozen ones take a little hit in texture but taste as good as fresh. We do 2-3 packs at a time in a pot with a lid. We add butter, sherry, and garlic. Be sure to have some good crusty bread to dunk in the juice which might be as good or better as eating the mussels themselves.

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky