Air Vents

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoking pig

Original poster
May 20, 2017
I am new here.  I am building a 55 G drum smoker and wan't to know what size valve to use for the vents. I was going to use 2 valves is that enough? Thanks for the help. 

If one pipe air inlet does not supply enough air, remove a pipe cap from one inlet, use the ball valve to adjust the air flow.....   If that ain't enough, remove one more pipe cap and adjust the air with the ball valve...   That way, you have full adjustment with less added expense...   

Once you figure the air required for certain temps, the same configuration of open pipes and adjustments on the ball valve "should" be the same for consecutive smokes / cooks.... 

Thank you.  i was thinking of using 2 ball V. your way would save some money!! 

icon14.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky