Afterlife

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Non military here, but I understand the ribbing .

Chris

Reactions: SmokinEdge
I hope they at least eat their greens

I’m a Christian. (Grew up a Catholic) I do believe in a Heaven and a Hell.

Deep subject Chris.

Have you been smoking weed?
No weed here Justin. Just curious. Besides John I've had a couple of friends pass recently and it makes you think about things you normally don't think about.

It sucks getting old
Chris

BTW I always pictured you as a pagan:emoji_laughing:

• Haha
Reactions: bauchjw
I too am a Christian. Jesus died, took my punishment, I repent and am saved.
I once heard this: trying to explain God is like trying to teach a dog about the Internet. The dog does not have the mental capacity to understand the Internet. And we do not have the capacity to understand God.

No weed here Justin. Just curious. Besides John I've had a couple of friends pass recently and it makes you think about things you normally don't think about.

It sucks getting old
Chris

BTW I always pictured you as a pagan:emoji_laughing:
I understand. That’s part of life. We are human. God is in control. Some things we will never understand and it is normal to question things.

BTW, I was pagan. Then I grew beautiful tooths.

I was raised Catholic, three years at a Christan Brothers boarding school, I'm a confirmed soldier of our lord Jesus Christ, read the bible cover to cover twice. That being said I believe when we die we're dead, in the ground to be turned into worms or burnt to a crisp, all that afterlife $hat is a crock to make people more comfortable with the prospect of death, and to profit organized religion. All that crap was written 2000 years ago by Hebrews, if someone can rise from the dead once, he could do it again, show me. An all merciful God? Give me a break, no omnipotent being would let children suffer the way so many do. At my age my string may be a bit shorter than most of y'all, there's no sense being afraid of dying, nobody gets out alive! I'm sure I'll get torched for this. You asked what I believe in Chris, I believe I'll have a drink and stick around as long as I can. RAY

I was raised Catholic, three years at a Christan Brothers boarding school, I'm a confirmed soldier of our lord Jesus Christ, read the bible cover to cover twice. That being said I believe when we die we're dead, in the ground to be turned into worms or burnt to a crisp, all that afterlife $hat is a crock to make people more comfortable with the prospect of death, and to profit organized religion. All that crap was written 2000 years ago by Hebrews, if someone can rise from the dead once, he could do it again, show me. An all merciful God? Give me a break, no omnipotent being would let children suffer the way so many do. At my age my string may be a bit shorter than most of y'all, there's no sense being afraid of dying, nobody gets out alive! I'm sure I'll get torched for this. You asked what I believe in Chris, I believe I'll have a drink and stick around as long as I can. RAY
I believe you are a good person and I am not mad at you for what you believe.. I do think (because you are a good human) that you will see a light (maybe just before you leave earth) that will change your mind. I will see you upstairs. I’ve always thought it doesn’t hurt to believe, just in case there is a heaven.. if there’s not, we’ll then I Lived to be a good person.

Reactions: Colin1230
I am a Christian. Although raised Catholic and baptized as an infant, I was baptized on Easter 2022 at the age of 71, immersed in front of the congregation. I am a firm believer that the Bible is the Holy Word of God. As such, I do believe in Heaven and Hell. And I believe (actually I KNOW) that Jesus is the only person who can save us from an eternity in the lake of fire; our only hope for everlasting life.

I'm a Christian and believe there is a hell, a special place reserved for evil souls. I also believe there is a heaven, and it being a place for compassionate souls.
I envision heaven as being a place, certainly unknown to mankind, where there is no pain, time, gravity or anything else we humans here on earth relate to.
I had a very close friend drown and was revived by his wife. Martin told me he did not know where he was but was not afraid to go back there.
An Episcopal priest once text me a quote from C. L. Lewis. "You do not have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." This reminded me of a book I read years ago titled Proof of Heaven by Eben Alexander. It was supposed to be nonfiction and quite a good read. Love your neighbor as you do yourself.
Peace

Age 25. I was an agnostic. Got in a motorcycle race on a Friday night and crashed into a cement rain culvert running perpendicular to my travel path when I ran off the road. I was traveling in excess of 125 mph. My last thought as I saw the wall approach in slow motion was, "This is it. You're dead." I remember a dark curtain dropping on the scene and years later figured out it was me closing my eyes.

I have zero recollection of hitting the wall, but my racing buddy told me how high and far I flew and what I hit to stop. Another coworker told me what the ambulance workers did to resuscitate me.

12 hours later I woke in a
white room looking up at a man dressed in white with a white beard. I had three thoughts the instant I awoke that are as fresh today as they were those decades ago.
1. I had been somewhere else not of this Earth.
2. There is a being of pure love who greets us all.
3. I was alive for a purpose.

I then asked the white bearded man standing over me if I was alive or dead. He told me I was alive and proceeded to colorfully express his thoughts about my two-wheeled stupidity. He was a retired Navy orthopedic surgeon called in the middle of the night to reset my dislocated hip.

Churches? Been there. They all have a piece of what's right and most of their interpretations are wrong. Plus, they've become businesses. I know. I used to go to three or four different denominations a week trying to understand my experience.

Faith? I've had a glimpse of what comes next. It's beautiful.

There's so much more, but I'll leave it there.

Ray

Agnostic here.
The Bible (Kuran Torah) has been translated by people that want it to read what they want it to read.
Father of my former employer said it best at his last rites. "Wish me Luck!"

I was raised in a good Christian family. I believe in Heaven and Hell, but as the old man I am, I don't really want to go to either. Hell for obvious reasons, and Heaven because I'm pretty sure I'd get bored living in perfection.
I do believe that after a few centuries in silence, mulling over my sins, that I will be reborn--for try #2 in this life.
Gary

In my humble opinion - there is no possible way to know until we experience it ourselves.

Raised Catholic, not Catholic anymore. I am now a basic Christian.

My faith is built on the work of Jesus on the cross, and the resurrection. This made my reconciliation to God in a personal relationship possible. So, I cashed in on that. My friend, Father, savior, owns Heaven, and I will go there because He owns me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky