Absolute Brisket Insanity!! (W / A Few Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
So the monster beef chuck short ribs were a huge hit. I decided it was time to order a case of briskets from Certified Piedmontese. Reached out to a couple friends and immediately the case of four was spoken for. Had a couple friends over for dinner last Saturday, told them about the order and to be on the lookout for an invite to a brisket dinner. Rick has recently gotten into cooking BBQ and stressed an interest in getting one since he's never done a brisket before. Tracy then asked how many we were getting out of the case I'd ordered. I told her we were getting one....I got "that look" which pretty much tells me I'm an imbecile. Brisket is her absolute favorite thing I cook and she said we need at least two, if not three. Reached out to my sales manager and modified the order to reflect two cases instead of one. He got the order in on Tuesday, they shipped that afternoon, and showed up on my doorstep a little while ago. We are looking at eight full packer Certified Piedmontese briskets. What a sight!!

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

Total weight is just over 110 pounds. Can anybody guess what I'll be coking soon? :emoji_laughing:

This is gonna be fun,
Robert

HOLY BRISKET! so jealous! them look amazing! ready for the cook pics!!!

Damn Robert! Would be like a little kid at Christmas if that showed up on my doorstep. What are your plans for the brisket? Smoke it straight up, burnt ends, corned beef...etc?

Now that is a TEXAS sized tease.
I was expecting to see some extraordinary brisket already smoked.

Robert, that is quite a of brisket, and prime Piedmontese none the less.
I foresee some fantastic cooks soon to come for sure.

Beautiful Briskets too.
13-14lbs each.
Hell Yeah!

Like!

Wow, now that's a sight to behold! Like.
By the way, I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one to receive "the look"!

HOLY BRISKET! so jealous! them look amazing! ready for the cook pics!!!

Sorry....didn't mean to make anybody jealous. Was just sharing the joy....in spirit of course, unless you wanna make a run to TX :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Thanks Joe, but it sounds like you need to move...at least 51 miles from where you currently live.

Feelin' sorry for Joe,
Robert

Reactions: xray
[/QUOTE]
Damn Robert! Would be like a little kid at Christmas if that showed up on my doorstep. What are your plans for the brisket? Smoke it straight up, burnt ends, corned beef...etc?

I've done a few different things with them but Tracy's favorite by far is just smoking them so as of now, that's the plan.

Robert

Now that is a TEXAS sized tease.

Come to TX and I'll turn that tease into immense gratification :emoji_wink:

I was expecting to see some extraordinary brisket already smoked.

John, John, John....you know better than that. If it states "a few pics" in the title, you know fully well it isn't going to be a full blown meal. A whole meal takes me at least 20 gigs of bandwidth.

Robert, that is quite a of brisket, and prime Piedmontese none the less.
I foresee some fantastic cooks soon to come for sure.

That would be my expectation also my friend. Tracy was giddy when she came home and saw all those huge boxes from CP out in the garage.

Gona fire up the Rec Tec,
Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky