About to buy a smoker...which one?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I got lucky on Craigslist and found an almost new SmokinTex 1460 . The guy paid 1100 and he needed money. I paid 450 and I also purchased the Auber PID because the smoker had a 30 degree swing and I wanted it precise. I am quite satisfied with the end result and one of the best things about this smoker is that you only need a 2 oz. chunk of wood for most smoking applications. Smokinit and Cookshack and TSM are all about the same style of smoker just look for the best price.

I made a smoker from a 1950s refrigerator for this purpose and its the best you can get. I have an electric element in it and can set it at 100 up to 250 with ease. Works perfect. I can add smoke with the a-maze-n smoke tube if I want.

Reactions: bill ace 350
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky