A quiet Saturday morning...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hi!  This was a while ago, but wow that looks good.  I have some of these to smoke tomorrow.  Can you tell me approximate cook temp and time, and IT to pull meat at?  Oh and why (and how long) did you foil one?  Thanks!!!!!!

-Jason

Cook temps can vary from 225° to 300° depending on how you normally do big cuts. I foil in a pan with some beef broth or BBQ sauce after the roast gets to 165°-175°. Time depends on cook temp and roast size.

Take it to 200° internal temp for pulled beef.

Last edited:
Hi!  This was a while ago, but wow that looks good.  I have some of these to smoke tomorrow.  Can you tell me approximate cook temp and time, and IT to pull meat at?  Oh and why (and how long) did you foil one?  Thanks!!!!!!

-Jason

Sorry Jason - just saw this. 

I usually cook in the 230 range, sometimes if I am pressed for time I will cook hotter in the 275 range. If you are pressed for time you can also foil at 165, and like cliff said you can add some liquid. As far as IT - just remember, that's only part of the equation - to me, how easily it probes is a better gauge of "done".  That usualy happens between 195 and 205 ish... every peice of meat is different. That goes for foiled or not - done is done... That is the temp for pulling. If you are slicing, then you can get away with a lower IT. 

Hope things went well for you today. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky