SWEET AND SPICY CHICKEN BACON LOLLIPOPS
These sweet and spicy chicken bacon lollipops contain layer upon layer of flavor. Tender chicken, savory bacon, and a simple sweet red pepper jelly combine for an amazing dinner treat.
- ▢2 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ▢9 slices bacon
- ▢1 Tablespoon Sweet Rub
SWEET AND SPICY SAUCE
- ▢1 large bell pepper (stem and seeds removed)
- ▢1 ½ cups white sugar
- ▢¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ▢1 Tablespoon salted butter
- ▢1 Tablespoon Sweet rubv
- Preheat. Preheat your grill to medium-high (about 375-400 degrees).
- Make the sauce. In a blender, pulse the bell pepper, sugar, vinegar, butter, and Sweet Rub together until the peppers are chopped into small pieces. Transfer to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer with the lid off for 15 minutes. While the sauce is simmering, prepare your lollipops.
- Make the chicken bacon lollipops. Slice the chicken breasts lengthwise into 1-inch thick strips. Lay a piece of bacon on your cutting board and top with a strip of the chicken. Roll into a pinwheel and slide onto a bamboo skewer. Repeat with the remaining chicken and bacon strips.
- Season. Season both sides of the lollipops with Hey Grill Hey Sweet Rub.
- Grill. Place the chicken bacon lollipops on the grill and cook for 6-8 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reads 165 degrees F with an instant-read thermometer.
- Enjoy. Transfer the finished lollipops to a large plate and serve the sauce on the side for dipping (or pouring).
Last edited by a moderator: