A girl I know named Susie posted this enjoy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

negolien

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 1, 2020
Sacramento, Calif.

SWEET AND SPICY CHICKEN BACON LOLLIPOPS​

Susie

These sweet and spicy chicken bacon lollipops contain layer upon layer of flavor. Tender chicken, savory bacon, and a simple sweet red pepper jelly combine for an amazing dinner treat.

INGREDIENTS​

• ▢2 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • ▢9 slices bacon
  • ▢1 Tablespoon Sweet Rub

SWEET AND SPICY SAUCE​

• ▢1 large bell pepper (stem and seeds removed)
  • ▢1 ½ cups white sugar
  • ▢¼ cup apple cider vinegar
  • ▢1 Tablespoon salted butter
  • ▢1 Tablespoon Sweet rubv

INSTRUCTIONS​

• Preheat. Preheat your grill to medium-high (about 375-400 degrees).
  • Make the sauce. In a blender, pulse the bell pepper, sugar, vinegar, butter, and Sweet Rub together until the peppers are chopped into small pieces. Transfer to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer with the lid off for 15 minutes. While the sauce is simmering, prepare your lollipops.
  • Make the chicken bacon lollipops. Slice the chicken breasts lengthwise into 1-inch thick strips. Lay a piece of bacon on your cutting board and top with a strip of the chicken. Roll into a pinwheel and slide onto a bamboo skewer. Repeat with the remaining chicken and bacon strips.
  • Season. Season both sides of the lollipops with Hey Grill Hey Sweet Rub.
  • Grill. Place the chicken bacon lollipops on the grill and cook for 6-8 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reads 165 degrees F with an instant-read thermometer.
  • Enjoy. Transfer the finished lollipops to a large plate and serve the sauce on the side for dipping (or pouring).

Last edited by a moderator:
I've slotted this in for a week from Monday, it looks delicious.

• Haha
Reactions: negolien
Three weeks later, finally made it. Tell Susie thanks for the idea. I used teriyaki sauce, it was fantastic.

1663815318307.png

• Love
Reactions: negolien
Three weeks later, finally made it. Tell Susie thanks for the idea. I used teriyaki sauce, it was fantastic.

View attachment 644294
Hell yeah very nice :<). That's from Susie Bulloch of Hey Grill Hey I get dinged by admins sometimes for posting her stuff in links because she's a for profit person and her links advertise stuff.

well done.jpg

Reactions: LoydB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky