A gentlman with hobbies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

w00dbutcher

Original poster
Dec 9, 2013
Hello from The Holly City.  My name is Sean and I just found this site while looking for some info about smoking. I was first introduced to smoking in 96 when my girlfriend smoked our Thanksgiving Turkey. Never have I had a better bird. In the years since I have tried many times to recreate that delicious moist flavor.  I am also in the process of clearing out my back yard of some rather tall pines and intend to set up my grill and smoker in a more user friendly orientation. So I was intending on doing some research on ofset smokers to replace my upright one I got at Home Depot. Wow was I in for a surprise I have read posts and threads and ordered three books from Amazon. Still have five more trees to drop and some landscaping to get done in the back but I will definitely be replacing that smoker with a new one. 

In the mean time I intend to lurk around here and read up on all the great foods I can smoke. Up until now it has always been turkeys, and Corned beef briskets. Both of which I love but also know I could do a better job of doing. So I will be here learning. 

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Thanks guys,

Gary the Holy City is what those that live here call Charleston SC.  
The real Blue bloods that live here will even declare the sun rises and sets on Charleston, but I am not nearly that upidy 
biggrin.gif

Sean

On here you will see you can smoke anything. It you like turkey, you'll probably like chicken. easy, quick and good.  Let us see some pictures.

Gary

Lot's of smokers out there to choose from, take your time and pick what best fits your needs and budget.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky