A Friends Special Gift!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chef jimmyj

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 12, 2011
Happy New Year! Well it was awhile coming but we finally got to enjoy a fabulous gift of a Certified Piedmontese Beef, Rib Roast that Robert tx smoker tx smoker and his lovely Wife Tracy sent me. There was too much Snow to cook outside so the Roast enjoyed a low and slow, 225 Oven leading to a 550 Reverse Sear. The meat was heavily Salted, about 1 tsp per pound, wrapped and dry brined 9 days. The Beef warmed while I prepared the pan and gave it a Coat of Montreal Steak Seasoning. Some of my crew wanted Gravy, some wanted Jus to dip, so the Roast went over a pan of veg for Au Jus.

20210103_161308.jpg

In to the 225 Oven. Just shy of 3 hour the IT hit 115°F. Pulled the roast out for a 45 minute rest while i made Gravy and Mashed Potatoes. The IT rose to 125 then dropped back to 115. The roast then went in at 550 to Sear for 10 minutes. I Rested just 10 minutes longer, cool enough to handle and cut away the Bones, as it already rested 45 minuted, and Sliced it up...

20210103_204754.jpg

This is right where we like Rib Roasts...

20210103_204813.jpg

The Cooks Plate, we were watching the Steelers/Browns game, with 1 of 3 Quality Control Inspectors ready to work.
Served Au Jus with Gravy on the Mashed Taters and Roasted Veg... The hunk of Rib Eye Cap (Top/Center) will be the 1st Treat to go!

20210103_205859.jpg

The CPB Rib Roast, was just GREAT! Perfectly cooked, Super Tender and had that delicious Piedmontese Beef Flavor.
Many Thanks Robert and Tracy, from myself and a thoroughly Stuffed Family!....JJ

Houston we have a problem. Pics didn’t stick

Sounds great JJ, but the pics aren't there

Thanks guys. I will fix it...JJ

Thank. Sometimes simply cooked Meat and Potatatoes, hits the spot and brings back memories of Mom's Good Cookin'...JJ

Thanks for fixing the pics JJ, well worth the wait. That is one awesome perfectly cooked meal. I can almost taste it from the pics! Thanks, I'm energized to start Monday.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Man that looks perfect! Nice work JJ! I bet that cap was real good!

The Cap always ends up more well done but it's so Juicy and Fork Tender, you donr care!...JJ

Alright Jimmy!! It took almost a year but I'm thrilled you finally got around to cooking it. That looks fantastic my friend. Just a beautiful job all around and a scrumptious meal. Glad you and the family had a nice time with it. Showed Tracy this thread and she just smiled ear to ear and said "about time but worth the wait" :emoji_laughing:

Robert

• Haha
Wow! That's spectacular! Not only does that meat look perfect, then you have mashed taters and gravy! On top of that au jus also! Glad you got the pics fixed, cuz I could see them but thought... oh man it sucks for those that can't see them!

Very nice!
Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky