• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

A Few Cheesecakes I've made

gary s

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
Wow !!! Nice Please send samples for further evaluation

Gary

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
Key lime cheesecake looks awesome! I could see why it’s the best yet.

Can you share a recipe for that?

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
Read the posts... He posted his basic recipe....
Found the basic recipe on post #43. I see I responded when the thread first started 2 years ago, probably why I got the notification.

I was just interested in the Key Lime in particular.

This was a bad idea to look at all these cheesecake pictures on an empty stomach. My stomach is growlin’!!

KrisUpInSmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 1, 2018
I tried making one and told the fellas it didn't come out looking like yours, but ended up being good. It didn't seem done and then, before I knew it, the outside was too done.
20200509_215134.jpg
20200510_193718.jpg

Hijack73

Fire Starter
Joined Aug 9, 2020
You inspired me. I was at the store yesterday and they had cream cheese .69 cents a block.

I moved a few months ago and I went looking for my springform pan in the garage. It didn't survive. It's kinda egg shaped now lol. But, I have a nice glass tart pan so here we went...
20200919_045442.jpg

That's your basic mix (60% of each ingredient) because I will never eat more than a couple slices. Cheesecake is something I get tired of super quick.

The blueberries are frozen. I did cook them down (1 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup sugar, 1.5 tsp cornstarch slurry) for about 3-4 minutes.

20200919_060742.jpg

This is it out of the oven.

Little bit of chocolate chips in the bottom quadrant as an experiment.

My judgement is that I didn't cook it long enough. It's great on the edges, but a little gooey in the center. I baked it at 310 for 35 mins. Next one I'll go 40 at least. I did hit it with an instant read and turned the oven off when it hit 158ish and let it sit with the door cracked about 10 mins.

Flavor is great, just that gooeyish nature was kinda offsetting. The chocolate chips were a fail. The plain blueberry tastes better.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.