A Few Cheesecakes I've made

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow !!! Nice Please send samples for further evaluation

Gary

Key Lime Cheesecake with toasted Coconut, was told by a few this is the best one.

20200517_123958.jpg

20200517_124005.jpg

IMG_20200517_231220_051.jpg

IMG_20200517_231220_056.jpg

Read the posts... He posted his basic recipe....

Found the basic recipe on post #43. I see I responded when the thread first started 2 years ago, probably why I got the notification.

I was just interested in the Key Lime in particular.

This was a bad idea to look at all these cheesecake pictures on an empty stomach. My stomach is growlin’!!

You inspired me. I was at the store yesterday and they had cream cheese .69 cents a block.

I moved a few months ago and I went looking for my springform pan in the garage. It didn't survive. It's kinda egg shaped now lol. But, I have a nice glass tart pan so here we went...
20200919_045442.jpg

That's your basic mix (60% of each ingredient) because I will never eat more than a couple slices. Cheesecake is something I get tired of super quick.

The blueberries are frozen. I did cook them down (1 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup sugar, 1.5 tsp cornstarch slurry) for about 3-4 minutes.

20200919_060742.jpg

This is it out of the oven.

Little bit of chocolate chips in the bottom quadrant as an experiment.

My judgement is that I didn't cook it long enough. It's great on the edges, but a little gooey in the center. I baked it at 310 for 35 mins. Next one I'll go 40 at least. I did hit it with an instant read and turned the oven off when it hit 158ish and let it sit with the door cracked about 10 mins.

Flavor is great, just that gooeyish nature was kinda offsetting. The chocolate chips were a fail. The plain blueberry tastes better.

You inspired me. I was at the store yesterday and they had cream cheese .69 cents a block.

I moved a few months ago and I went looking for my springform pan in the garage. It didn't survive. It's kinda egg shaped now lol. But, I have a nice glass tart pan so here we went...View attachment 463897
That's your basic mix (60% of each ingredient) because I will never eat more than a couple slices. Cheesecake is something I get tired of super quick.

The blueberries are frozen. I did cook them down (1 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup sugar, 1.5 tsp cornstarch slurry) for about 3-4 minutes.

View attachment 463898
This is it out of the oven.

Little bit of chocolate chips in the bottom quadrant as an experiment.

My judgement is that I didn't cook it long enough. It's great on the edges, but a little gooey in the center. I baked it at 310 for 35 mins. Next one I'll go 40 at least. I did hit it with an instant read and turned the oven off when it hit 158ish and let it sit with the door cracked about 10 mins.

Flavor is great, just that gooeyish nature was kinda offsetting. The chocolate chips were a fail. The plain blueberry tastes better.

Haven't been on the site in awhile, I bake mine at 380 for about 15 min then take it down to 305 for about a hour and a half or a little more. Often I check temp of mine in the center with a thermometer so I'll have a little hole in the center sometimes but I'm ok with that. I look for a temp of around 156 si it gets to 160 or so. Time varies according to what kind I'm baking......have a couple new ones,

Neapolitan Cheesecake
20210221_144620.jpg

20210221_171432.jpg

White Chocolate Cheesecake

20201112_171455.jpg

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky