• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

A childhood favorite

fwismoker

Master of the Pit
Joined Dec 31, 2012
We grew up with lots of cheaper type meals since Mom had a lot of mouths to feed. One I remember is "Pigs in a blanket" This version I cooked over the fire with some oak and cherry wood in the 007 and the other twist is I put some pepper jack inside the biscuit wrap.

Not too bad I must say! Thanks for looking. :))

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
They look good from here

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Wow. They look so good.

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
Those look tasty to me, FWI!
Are those biscuits from those cylinders you pop on the side to open? We used to use them to make cobbler crust in a Dutch oven when I was in the Boy Scouts a hundred years ago.

fwismoker

Master of the Pit
Joined Dec 31, 2012
Those look tasty to me, FWI!
Are those biscuits from those cylinders you pop on the side to open? We used to use them to make cobbler crust in a Dutch oven when I was in the Boy Scouts a hundred years ago.
Yes they were but gotta say they were the best I've had.  It was Kroger "home style" and very pleasantly surprised!  That said I'm all about trying a cobbler crust! lol

Everything is better cooked over a clean fire, It makes the best oven ever!

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 31, 2014
Those look tasty,I'd gladly eat them! We make them with crescent dough.

seenred

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Feb 9, 2009
Looks great Keith! We do a similar method...I make mini pigs, using Pilsbury Crescent Roll dough instead of biscuit dough...cut it into strips and wrap it around a little smoky with whatever cheese strikes our fancy. Really like these with some honey mustard as a dippin sauce! :drool

Red

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Those look fantastic!

Al

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Those look great!

Disco

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.