8th Annual SMF NC Gathering, May 17, 18 and 19th 2019

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Im ready for some bbq.... getting close... I've gotten the brewin itch and was hoping to have some Kraft beer made for the gathering but haven't got all my ducks in a row yet. Brew bag took longer than expected. Depends on delivery. Shipped out today. Hope I can have something ready.

I will definitely be there on Saturday and will have my buddy Gary in tow. Maya and Amanda may be with us as well.

Got my hands on six young hens for roasting at Ingles today. Priced to move so I did, into my freezer for this soiree'. They are the non GMO free of everything type. Considering spatchcock style. I was in Charlotte last night on emergency electrical calls and again today. Lot of drive time from up here in Asheville. Why y'all would love around such a place as Charlotte is beyond me. I lived and Raleigh. Had enough.

Why y'all would love around such a place as Charlotte is beyond me. I lived and Raleigh. Had enough.
Because Alelover and his bride are kind enough to plan for and open their home to a bunch of us to come congregate and generate a bunch of responsibility and refuse for them. It also doesn't hurt that they are fairly central to the rest of the state.

I understand their generosity. But living in the Charlotte metro area, not the burbs, is not living. It's like surviving in a blender on high speed. I've done it in other major cities and that's why I live on a sedate mountain with bears. Trying to add a few days back to my life. That said, I already have an emergency call to do this Sunday morning in Mooresville. I REALLY am looking forward to this event and meeting you folks. I would host but I would have to shuttle folks and gear up here. I was in no way casting a dim light on our host, just the life style of The City. My wry sense of humor doesn't translate well in text. The smirk and eye roll is necessary to know my intent. Bless you all on this The Lord's day.

Bats are great. Best control ever. Do you have your wort going ?

I put over 10 pounds of mountain picked blackberries in with the sugar and other wine making ingredients in with 4 gallons of water. Wine is slower but it should yield a about 3 gallons finished but months from now. Blackberries were from last year.

I was on call this weekend so I didn't smoke anything. I did make fried crawfish Po Boys.
IMG_20190428_193734_250.jpg

Bats are great. Best control ever. Do you have your wort going ?

I put over 10 pounds of mountain picked blackberries in with the sugar and other wine making ingredients in with 4 gallons of water. Wine is slower but it should yield a about 3 gallons finished but months from now. Blackberries were from last year.

I was on call this weekend so I didn't smoke anything. I did make fried crawfish Po Boys.View attachment 394449

That'll work hell yell.

Warren

I don't have anything brewing. Too busy with other stuff.
Life gets in the way more often than not. Work too. Almost glad that I'll be 63 this fall. I want to retire to rub my meat.

I'm a little nervous about coming too this gathering even though I've been smoking and rubbing meats for years. Not sure what I want to do. It will be different.

We are still planning to come. i have some tender beef (sirloin) and will have some pork (CSR's cut up) and chicken and cut up fruit and veggies (onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, pineapple, etc.) and bamboo skewers for grilled kebabs. i will have a variety of seasonings and sauces. My wife wants to make homemade lemonade: regular, strawberry and raspberry varieties too. so we should have a few gallons in total. we are looking forward to it!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Reactions: BigTurtle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky