$.89 lbs for pork butts ? yes please

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jrod62

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Jun 13, 2011
New Athens IL
Been awhile since butts have been below a dollar a pound....Schnuck put them down to two per visit... I drive by all four Schnuck in our town when I'm working.... End up with 7 so far...

Now what to do with all that meat
sausage.gif
?

Just today I payed 1.39 at GFS .....I've been looking for the .99 sales.   I should have stocked up when I saw them. lol    Congrats on your score Jrod!

I just so happen to be in St. Louis visiting family......picked up 4 butts for the trip back to Tennessee. Schnucks can have some really good deals sometimes.

Man oh man that's some affordable protein.  I just paid $1.71/lb for boneless shoulders and thought that was a great deal.  I'll occasionally see deals in the $1.20s/lb bone in at our local Wally World but there is zero trim so it is a wash.   

I just bought two 15# bags of bone in butts.. paid 3.59 a lb which is normall here...at sams sometimes its cheaper but there not as good.am smoking them right now for the funeral on Wednesday..along with 3 racks of BB's internal temp just got to 143 after 3.8 hrs at about 220..jeff

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky