7th Annual SMF Carolinas Smokers Gathering (May 18, 19 and 20, 2018)

Discussion in 'Events' started by alelover, Feb 14, 2018.

1. phatbac

phatbac Master of the Pit

that sounds really good Scott! you gonna use it for the sausage shooters?

Can't wait,
    phatbac (Aaron)

2. And ABTs and breakfast.

3. phatbac

Sounds great! i cant wait!

Happy Smoking,
    phatbac (Aaron)

4. lancer

lancer Smoking Fanatic

It's been a while since I was on the site. The new format is such a PITA and a time waster that I spend a tiny fraction of the time here that I used to. And it doesn't help that since the switch to the new format that I don't get daily update emails about new posts to subscribed threads.

At any rate, the DJ Galaxy Foods stores in Hickory and Mount Airy have a number of 3-4 day truckload meat sales during the year. The week before Easter the Mount Airy store had an unannounced one and one of the deals were 30 pound cases of "heavy" ribs-that's the whole rib section, not the squared off St Louis cuts. They were eight frozen slabs in a case at only $0.78 a pound. Yes, $0.78 a pound! Or just $23 a case!

So, the Mount Airy store has a sale in June and another in October. I'll keep an eye on the Mount Airy store and post the dates when I get them so make some room in your freezers....

Lance

5. phatbac

Thank you Lance!

Love the cheap meats!
    phatbac (Aaron)

6. HalfSmoked

HalfSmoked Master of the Pit Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Wow what a price almost make you want to buy an extra freezer just to fill with ribs.

Warren

phatbac likes this.
  7. HalfSmoked

phatbac Thanks for the like.

Warren

8. phatbac

No sweat, hey you able to make it down? i have been doing lunch on Saturday for the last couple years and plan to do it again this year. Don't know if you saw earlier post, looking at grilled kebabs. i know here will be other goodies available that everyone makes. last year Joe broke out some hot pickled asparagus that was off the chain! Besides the food its a great time, party atmosphere!

Hope to see you (and anyone else who can make it) there,
    phatbac (Aaron)

9. HalfSmoked

phatbac would like too but not in my plans this year. Met Joe at PA gathering last year he did a great breakfast sausage.

Warren