60 Gal Back Yard Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

randya

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Wanted to share a back yard smoker/grill I made for a friend of mine.  He said he was getting tired of buying the smaller smokers only to keep replacing them.  I've been wanting to make a smaller back yard type and put this one together for him. 

Used a 60 Gal Pig Tank and cut down a 40 gal for the fire box. 

Made the cart out of 4”x4” tube with 8” solid rubber for the back tires and 4” swivel for the front. 

Used the calculator for the design and when I did the burn all was excellent on controlling the temperature.

He is moving so it will be a few weeks before he makes the maiden smoke off.

Hope you like it.

Tanks used for build (cut down the one used for fire box): 

Built cart to mount smoker.

Air Inlet and used same on fire box.

Clean out and ame type on fire box.

Mounted fire box and side view.

Front handle and shelf.

Inside smoker rack.

Completed Project!

[h2]WOW, nice job on that!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
[/h2]

cool.gif

Yes I agree with everyone here and you and your buddy did a great job on this smoker. I know he will have years of smoking to look forward to with this one for sure.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky