If you find yourself in need of a cooking grate: Vevor

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rbstern

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 22, 2023
N. Georgia
The used Pitts and Spitts smoker I bought had rails for an upper cooking grate, but it didn't come with one. I emailed the company to inquire about a replacement, and they never responded.

Started thinking about fabricating my own, but the price of expanded metal is pretty high, didn't think it would be economical. I came across a fire pit cooking grate at Vevor (if Harbor Freight and Rakuten had a love child, it would be Vevor). It was a few inches short and didn't have slides on the ends, since its intended use is to be laid across an open fire. But with a couple of 1.5" flats welded to the side, it fits my grill perfectly.

Total cost, including the grate and the piece of steel flat I needed to make it work? About $50.

They carry a bunch of different sizes. The grate:

My modified version, which I will season this weekend:

IMG_20231117_203710871.png

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky