50 lbs Summer Sausage!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

onytay

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
Southern IL
For your viewing pleasure 50 lbs of venison SS that I ran through this weekend. Turned out great for the second use of the smokehouse!

Stuffed and ready for the smokhouse

6e91279c_2012-02-05_08-34-15_931.jpg

Hang time!

64390838_2012-02-05_14-56-54_704.jpg

Get some smoke!

b29e606e_2012-02-05_12-36-19_536.jpg

A little blooming time after a nice cold bath.

a06e311e_2012-02-05_22-52-08_595.jpg

Thanks for looking, I haven't gotten a sliced pic yet I'll try to add that tomorrow.

Looks good can't wait to see the sliced Qview

Really nice.

You going to let them fridge for a day or so before cutting?

Great sausage, very nice smoker as well. Now that you have that big smoke shack and all that room you may need to invest in some thicker dowels now that you can hold so much meat on them at once. That is what I had to do.

Great sausage, very nice smoker as well. Now that you have that big smoke shack and all that room you may need to invest in some thicker dowels now that you can hold so much meat on them at once. That is what I had to do.

I'm looking to eventually replace the wood dowels with metal ones, got a buddy that's an underground miner looking to get me some roof bolts. They are pretty rigid and 5/8 thick, that should do the trick.

Looks-Great.gif
icon14.gif

Joe

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky