5 min time out!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

foamheart

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
I thought that had been taken care of. You try and assist someone and when you go back to edit to make sure it is corrected and explained well, you hit enter and it says ERROR you have exceeded the 5 min limit. And you realize it has trashed all of your additional information. OK, that's total BS.

We talked about this at the time of the software swap, I thought it was cured or I assumed so anyway. Is this going to be addressed?

Let me know please.

Highlite and copy stuff... then I paste it to word pad... JUST IN CASE it gets deleted...
Did you click on the "DRAFTS" to see if it was saved there.....

What about save draft. I use that feature alot. Haven't had issues when going back to then post later.

:confused: Love the new forum :rolleyes: I just accept what ever happens and if I don't like it I just sign off. It seems a lot of the older guys are doing that you don't see them on much anymore.

Warren

I thought that had been taken care of. You try and assist someone and when you go back to edit to make sure it is corrected and explained well, you hit enter and it says ERROR you have exceeded the 5 min limit. And you realize it has trashed all of your additional information. OK, that's total BS.

We talked about this at the time of the software swap, I thought it was cured or I assumed so anyway. Is this going to be addressed?

Let me know please.
This must be something that's built into Xenforo..

So you create a post then after 5 minutes or more you go back and try to edit your own post and it won't' let you do that. Am I on the right track?

That's odd because I found the setting and it says "unlimited" for Registered members.

I'll have to check into this further and see what I can find out.

Hang in there!

Last edited:
Ok foamheart foamheart , I think I have fixed it. Try it out when you get a chance and let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

Thanks Jeff, next post I'll let sit there awhile and see if it does it still. And thanks for chasing it down. When your typing performance is only slight better than your spelling, when you go thru the process of explaining something throughly and then it all goes poof, its upsetting for us old farts.

Thanks.

Let me know please.
This just happened to me. It wasted a lot of my time. The change must have been effected to free up more bandwidth on the server at any one time.

I've had this happen to me too many times. As someone suggested a few days ago, I now always copy/paste into Notepad very so often. The forum auto-save cannot be relied upon.

Reactions: daricksta
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky