4th of July

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
No, my companies biggest customer is going crazy with work. They made us work Memorial day, and 4th of July wouldn't surprise me either.

In this economy, I just shut up and take the O.T.

At this point, I know I'm doing fatties (plural) and smoked SPAM, 'cause my kids love it! Going to do Jeanie's "Bloomin' - SPAM" design for extra attraction.

Other than that, still debating 'tween smoked turkey, PPB, or a haunch o' beef. Definitely somewhere in that long weekend will be burgers and steaks.. I am really looking forward to that!
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

I also have to work.. there is a shutdown at a military base for 3 days and i gotta work. oh well i can buy a lot of pork butts and ribs with the triple time

Triple time. Good for you. In this bass-ackward state of Florida, employees are dirt. I'm surprised the state doesn't outlaw OT.

My company is international, and treat us fairly equal to all the other employees. But they pay time and a half, no more, because that's all you're required to be paid here in cracker country.

Still not sure. Either going to Yellowstone Park, or staying at home. If home, I'll be doing a big smoke, if the park, still something, just not so big. I was on call for it last year, didn't have to go in. It would have been double time and a half I think if I would have been called in. I also turn 47 on it.
icon_sad.gif

Gonna cook for our church. About 100 or so people. Should be fun.

Just out of curiosity, what is "cracker country"? I'm not familiar with that terminology.

Not sure yet. We are camping for 3 full days the weekend before and the smoker is coming along. Maybe do a rib fest or something.

with the 4th falling on a Saturday it will just be a typical 2 day weekend for me.
PDT_Armataz_01_33.gif

with that said I fire up the smoker at least once every weekend anyway so something will be smoked, most likely ribs, some abt's, and maybe a whole red snapper I have been thinking about trying. Its still too far away to really plan anything for sure though.

With a son that was born on the 4th of july who happens now to be in the Army(former Marine) now and in Germany awaiting a return to Iraq we will be cooking and celabrating his birthday with a family dinner (probally smoking because I'm the cook) and salute donald and his family. Thanks to skype we will atleast be able to talk and see him and now his family(who will be leaving to go to Germany on the 10th of june). Thank for reminding me sometimes you just have to put things out of your mind.
PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif

That was an interesting link. Around here, being called a cracker is derogatory. Nothing at all as was described in your link. If we call someone around here a cracker, it means they have 3 teeth left, 4 cars up on blocks, and various non working appliances throw around their front yard.

We will be doing a whole hog for sure and whatever else I can get on the new Lang, smoked bologna is real popular where I live in TN so Im sure some of that. ABTS for sure and some baby backs. Im getting evne more xcited about it myself and have been making plans for sometime now. My wife got the pool open and have been putting out invites to people. im heading to pick up My new Laning 84 on Monday...Plan on some ribs and such between now and then..

I'm not sure what I'm doing yet for memorial day but I'm thinking a BBQ either at my place or a friends place. I want to grill lots of chicken, steaks, hamburgers, hot dogs and I wanna put BBQ sauce on everything.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky