40 inch xl MB questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

yamalube

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 16, 2019
Fernandina Beach Florida
So, I did some researching here. And many peeps have said to buy a gasket for the door (bbqgaskets.com). So I called. Right off the bat, the gentleman says he does not recommend one. I said why? He said because you run the danger of combustion. I guess blowing up the smoker???? I don't know. So then I said well your website shows and says to use on the propane smokers. He said well yes you can, but we don't recommend. So this brings me to my question. Please give me a list of things that this smoker would benefit from? Anything and all. I don't want to buy amazing tubes and all that. I want to use the smoker the way it was designed, by using chips or chunks. But, are they any tricks and stuff I am missing while using this smoker? I do not enjoy some of my smoke escaping through the doors. But bbqgaskets.com said that it is designed like that. My vent is in the back of the box as well. And I have the dual door design. Thanks.

Reactions: JLeonard
I have a Smoke Vault propane smoker & it leaks everywhere, but it doesn’t affect the quality of the meat. The burner is big enough to keep the smoke flowing & the temp up despite the leaks. I have never made a mod to this smoker & have used it for 8 or 9 years. I have to admit that I did rebuild it twice with a new burner assy., water pan, chip pan, and grease pan. But it is still my go to smoker for a quick smoke, easy clean up & great smoke flavor. And by the way the complete rebuild was less than $80.
Al

yamalube yamalube I put a gasket on the door of my Gas Smokehouse (Much like yours). Helped with the smoke leaks. Been on there since April this year. No issues. Other than that no real mods and it turns out great bbq.
Jim

I have a MB propane that I’ve made 0 mods on. It works pretty dang well without anything. The more you cook the less it will leak to a degree.

I have gasket on other cookers but honestly I could survive without it. Do a bunch of cooks before any mods and see what you think is missing. My advice is always use as is first.

I have a MB propane that I’ve made 0 mods on. It works pretty dang well without anything. The more you cook the less it will leak to a degree.

I have gasket on other cookers but honestly I could survive without it. Do a bunch of cooks before any mods and see what you think is missing. My advice is always use as is first.
I have used it for 3 years now. Just wondering if there was anything I was missing. Thanks everyone.

Reactions: JCAP and JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky