30" MES Stainless - Black Friday SALE!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
man i wish i seen this a week ago...Bought the all black one for that price......But i don't live near a bass pro anyways....

Seasoning my 411 model as I write. Only problem I have found is it seems to run about 25 degrees hotter than what the digital control is telling me. Compared to my Poland digital thermometer that I have confermed is dead on.

Anybody else have this "Problem"? 

Seasoning my 411 model as I write. Only problem I have found is it seems to run about 25 degrees hotter than what the digital control is telling me. Compared to my Poland digital thermometer that I have confermed is dead on.

Anybody else have this "Problem"? 
Could be where the sensor is.

Did you try putting your Poland right next to the MES temp sensor. Should look like a little toggle switch, somewhere on the back wall.

Mine is 15° off, but "DEAD ON" right next to the built in probe.  It should be on the back wall of the cabinet.

Also keep-in-mind, that food placed in the right rear corner will get done faster, because most of the heat goes up the corner and out the exhaust vent.

Todd

Bass Pro will not Match Price Online on this unit.   It is on the 5 Hours sale.  I contacted Bass Pro  about this.  The nearest Bass Pro to me is 2 hours away. 

They are having the same sale in 2011 that they did in 2010.  I got one in 2010 for $179.  The 2011 as has it for the same price again.  This new one looks like it might be all stainless steel.  Anyway I got there at 5:30 and waited in a long line.  I did get one though.  They must have had at least 100 of them.  I would still get there early though.

My plan was Bass Pro tomorrow morning at 5:30am but now I'll be sleeping in and picking up an MES 40 at Sam's tomorrow afternoon or even Saturday :-)

Does anyone know anything about the masterbuilt smoker that Bass Pro Shop is offering on Black Friday? Is it a good unit? Pros and cons. I have been thinking about getting a smoker and since I live alone I don't need a big unit or want to spend much. I'm thinking of electric as I don't want to fuss with wood or propane. I imagine using wood gives the best flavor.

Did I see that license plate amazn south of Charlotte, NC?

Thanks. It appears to be the same model that Bass pro shop has for $329 and in Black Friday ad for $179 with stand. The unit has wheels. I think I will do without the stand, the crowds, and the 5 AM st Bass. I found a local TSC that has one left. I will get it tomorrow. I hope I can get it out of car and assembled. I am a 64 yo swf just recovering from shoulder surgery for a torn rotator cuff. It's a bummer. I want the use of my arm back. I don't think I will be putting up any decorations. Happy Holidays

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky