3 Butts 4 Chuckies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

calis

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
Tr-Cities Washington
Got butts for $0.99/pound so I picked up 3 of them...about 25 pounds worth. Going to pull them all, divide into portions, vacuum seal and freeze for the winter. Also got chuckies for $1.29/pound, picked up 4 of them at about 5 pounds each. I'm going to pull 3 of the chuckies, and cut one up burnt ends style and see how that works out.
biggrin.gif

Now thats some hiberinating there Calis. I take it you cann't smoke during the winter monthes. I do like the idea of cubing up a chuckie for burnt ends. That is something I haven't tried yet. And another one hit the shelf of to do's.

that sure is a happy smoker you got there.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Cant wait to see the finished product.

Here's a pic of a chuckie before pulling and after pulling.

And here's the pic of the cubed up re-seasoned and re-smoked chuckie.

Sad story on the rest. I ran out of aluminum foil, not sure how. I was unable to wrap the butts in foil, never got them to go above 160 degrees on the smoker. I tossed two of them into dutch ovens and put them in the oven at 10:30. I put them in the oven set at 300 and went to bed. I had no sleep the night before and had a very emotionally exhausting night with a grieving friend. So I got up this morning at 5AM, turned off the oven, opened the door and got ready for work. I put the dutch ovens into the fridge on my way out the door. We'll see this afternoon how they did. the third butt is a truly sad story. It is still sitting on the now cold smoker...sacrificed to the gods of Murphy.

It tastes good too. I am eating some of the pulled chuckie for breakfast as we speak. Ran out of energy to make breakfast food to bring to work.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky