• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

3 2 1 ribs MES 30

rmmurray

Master of the Pit
Joined Mar 21, 2015
You’ll have to forgive me for getting started without you. I was on a roll and by the time I put them in I thought, “I should have been filming this”.

Anyway, I started out with two racks of baby backs. I removed the membrane and applied a thin layer of mustard and a generous amount of homemade rub. You guys know all about that so you didn’t really miss much.

I then preheated the MES 30 to 225 and stuck them in.

Now that you’re caught up. We’ll see what they’re doing in less than three hours

Attachments

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Looks like a great start!
Al

rmmurray

Master of the Pit
Joined Mar 21, 2015
Man they look good! Never tried a mustard glaze.
There are several ways to do it. The theory is that the mustard helps the rub to stick. I’ve never done it on ribs either, so this is gonna be a first for me

rmmurray

Master of the Pit
Joined Mar 21, 2015
All right, three hours is up. Time for the two hour wrap. There are several different variations of this, here’s what I’m doing.

First I got two cans of pineapple chunks and two cans of fruit cocktail. I drained all of the juices into one bowl. I separated the pineapple chunks from the fruit cocktail. I’ll be using both of these later.

Next was to mix 1 cup of rub into the bowl of juice. I placed the two racks, meat side down in two 9” x 13” pans. Poured the juices in the pans and covered.

Attachments

rmmurray

Master of the Pit
Joined Mar 21, 2015
Now to prep the side dish of beans. First start with two cans of baked beans in a 9 x 13 pan. Add half a cup of rub and a quarter cup of maple syrup. Drain one can of rotelle and dice one green pepper, one red pepper and two yellow onions. Mixed together and top with the already drained pineapples and cover. We will be putting these on in about 30 minutes.

Attachments

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 29, 2018
The waiting part looks pretty tasty.

Actually all does, wish I could join.

tag0401

Meat Mopper
Joined Apr 5, 2018
Food looks great. I do the 2-2-1 method on baby backs and seem to have pretty good luck with it not drying mine out. Smoke on!!

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.