3-2-1, more like 3-2-0?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have that same problem!
wink.gif

i myself have had the same issue , blame the door mounted temp gauge mostly.....that and it's hard to not over stab rib's with the digital probe ?
i have since added another door mount temp gauge , only to learn the orig. was 30 degree's or more off....and learned you need to stab a rib-row sorta longway's with the digital rather then straight through...hope that help's if even in fractions .
PDT_Armataz_01_20.gif

Trying to cook ribs by internal temps is really kinda futile at best.

When you think of each bone as a partitioning insulator and consider the variation in meat thickness down the length of each rib, not to mention from one rib to the other, you come to realize that most likely, the temp you're reading is only the temp at the exact spot of your probe and really doesn't reflect the overall state of the entire slab.

In order to do ribs right, one really needs to learn the look and feel of the meat.

I'll second that. I have no clue what the temp is of a "done" rib, but I can look and touch and tell you if they are done or not.

Sorry it took so long, but here's the pics

Rubbed and ready to go in the smoker:

In the smoker:

After 5 hours total:

All finished, sorry I was so anxious to try 'em I forgot to snap some pics before I cut 'em up.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky