2nd butt coming up!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

aftershox454

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Spokane Washington
hey gang,

got my second butt going into the smoker tomorrow BY REQUEST!!!

-hahah just wanted to share that
icon_cool.gif

any way i changed it up this time and got the bone in shoulder from the local butcher instead of the big box store so should be a much better butt

6 am start time- 9am-1pm at the office- then home to finish off the more than likely 16hr adventure!!!

Hmmmmm.

When it comes to butts , i buy the cheapest i can find. Pork is not graded like beef and i really can't see where there would be that much difference in the .99 /lb double packs and a hand cut by my local butcher . maybe a little better trim on the fat but not enough to pay the difference.

hahah didn't think of that oh well-

price difference was less than 3.00 so not too worried about it-

and it look more oficial coming from the butcher shop wrapped in paper than styrofoam and plastic
icon_lol.gif

The only difference I could see would be whether or not it was enhanced. I always try to get minimally processed butts and ribs. The ribs I can tell a big difference in taste. The enhanced ones seem too salty and hammy.

Hmmmmm.

When it comes to butts , i buy the cheapest i can find. Pork is not graded like beef and i really can't see where there would be that much difference in the .99 /lb double packs and a hand cut by my local butcher . maybe a little better trim on the fat but not enough to pay the difference.

I hope it made it out of the smoke without incident.

Its always an AWESOME feeling when someone makes a request.

Kinda makes a person feel good about there self.

Congrats.

Sounds great but where's our updates and the Qview
biggrin.gif

alright well butt#2 turned out very well and was met with some very happy people-

no q-view as the digital camera is officially KIA -hunting/water incident
icon_sad.gif

but after x-mas there should be another one in teh house somewhere and with more butts /ribs to smoke should be a q view overload on New Years!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky