2nd Annual South Florida Gathering!! Nov 9th-11th

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Don's picture!

OK... I'M BACKKKK

OMG.. there is no way anybody should be aloud to have that much fun.....

Just got back from the NASCAR race at Miami/Homestead that we went to after the gathering.... I see you guys already have most of the same pics I have... so I'll try to pick some different ones... just give me a little time...

First off let me give Jeff a big thanks.. as I said before, If it were not for him none of this would have ever come about... and then for him to send 2 copies of his new cook book... That's over the top... so again.. "Thanks Jeff"

Doug... I sure do appreciate you putting this whole thing together.. I know it's time consuming.. So Thanks again brother..

Todd... again Thanks for your contributions as I'm thinking there will or is some cold smoke flowing in Fl... Thanks bub..

I don't know where to start on describing my experience... As I said I have been camping for the last week and a half and had no internet connection (didn't bother me ether)...

here we go.. from the beginning .. I pulled out of the drive way and took a right.. went about 500 feet to the stop sign and took a left.... went about 3/4 mile to the stop sign and took a right...

HAAAAA.. bet y'all thought I was gonna give a detailed description...

but anywhoo.. glad to be back.. and also glad to have met some new members and hopefully start new friendships...

Yes.. I need to thank Don's daughter, Necole, again.. I handed her my camera and asked her to take all the pictures she want to.. let me tell ya... she did an excellent job... "THANKS NECOLE"...

Here's a few of em...

These are the Southwestern Style Beer Can Chickens... I tore the skin when separating from the meat.. so I had to 'stitch" it back together with toothpicks

These are the "Judges" (campground managers and one of the staff) for the chicken

here's some baby back ribs... for Sat. night dinner and the comp.

Here's the judges for the ribs.. get'n a full gullitt,,

here they are moving on to the Special Dish comp....

And of course the winners are... (left to right) Doug (ribs), Don (special dish, Dutches wicked baked beans, his version), and Bill (chicken)...

Our tribute to Gary (Scarbelly).. he was there with us the whole weekend (same day his family payed tribute)... RIP Gary

And again thanks to Don's daughter, Necole.. she took 144 pictures ( I love it)

one thing we forgot to do was get everybody together for a group photo... gggrrrrrrrr
Dang, I knew there was something we had talked about and forgot. BTW, Thanks again Keith for the use of the sleeping bag
beercheer.gif

no problem bub.. didn't want a smoking brother to be cold... just wish ya woulda had better sleeping arrangements... but still better than trying to drive home after a few beers...

We were coming back from a long weekend at Lake Louisa, told my wife we needed to check out Fisheating Creek CG. Now I know why we should have stopped by! Looks like you all had a great time. I'll be looking for next years gathering.

We were coming back from a long weekend at Lake Louisa, told my wife we needed to check out Fisheating Creek CG. Now I know why we should have stopped by! Looks like you all had a great time. I'll be looking for next years gathering.
nimrod...we'll see ya next year right? :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky