2nd Annual South Florida Gathering!! Nov 9th-11th

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey everyone.Sunday morning here at the gathering. Sorry for the lack of live posting. Let me see if I can get a few images on here from my phone.

Weather was great! People and Food were even better. i'm home now and missing it already.

pictures coming soon!

Here are pictures from the gathering...they loaded in reverse order so if you want the full chronological experience starts at the bottom and scroll up :)

Again this year was great! already looking forward to next year!

Keith's homemade bacon

Robbie (Rob63) prepping

Don (OrlandoSmoking), Keith (JckDanls07), Steve (RoadkillCafe), Bill (SmokedApple) all hanging out by the screened room. Steve made some great smoked mac N cheese

In goes the brocoli

Don and Keith's impromtu ABT competition (this will be added to next year's competiton list!)

Robbie and Keith's cooking araes

Don put a new twist on the Wicked Baked Bean....pulled pork! Best dern beans i've ever had

Chicken!

Our Tribute to Scarbelly

Don's creation in progress

Bill's Cook Station...he wanted to keep his secrets far away from the rest of us ;)

Don and his family's camp area

Keith's mini WSM!

Getting the smoker ready saturday morning!

We're home safe. Hope everyone else had a safe and uneventful trip home. Mostly unpacked, gonna shower and try to upload some pics a little later.

By the way, Happy veterans day and a big thank you to all our troops.
smilie_flagge13.gif

Don

Looks like a lot of fun was had. Wish I could have been there. Would have been a lot more fun then what I did. Maybe next year.......

And for the winners...and there loot! Again thanks to Jeff and Todd for donating such great prize items!

Chicken - Bill (SmokedApple)

Ribs - Me - Not sure how i won this all of the ribs looked and tasted great! Had to be hard on the judges because i had a hard time picking my favorite when i tried them all

Something Special - Don (OrlandoSmoKing) - Wicked Baked Beans with a pulled pork twist (mmmmm good!)

I can't seem to be able to get my pics to upload in bulk, it won't let me select more than one at a time. I have over a hundred pics and the one at a time loading is quite a pain in the a__ so until I can figure out what I'm doing wrong I'll post a few at a time.

Don

SmokedApple prepping his ribs

putting together a few ABTs

ABT prep table deserted for beverage break while the cheese softens a little more
beercheer.gif

Doug and Robbie

Me (OrlandoSmoking) and Keith (JckDanls07) checking each others ABT recipe while my daughter Necol wonders why we like these things so much

Pulling chicken out for lunch

Quick check of my tweaked version of Dutch's Wicked Beans (thanks Dutch)

Bill pulling his chicken off with his buddy Kevin assisting

Smile for the camera

Keith pulling his beer can chickens out of his mini WSM

Smile for the camera

Stay tuned.......More to come soon.

Don

Don...when you open the upload dialog...select the topmost picture on the folder and this scroll down to the bottom and hold shit and select the bottom most, this will "select all" and hit upload.

Posting some pictures from Steve (RoadKillCafe)

Looks like a great time!!

I looked at the pics from last year..we had a great time..

Looks like you have pulled off another great event ...we will make it next year..

Craig

if you want to compress and send them all to me i can mass post for you....if you open the files in your computer and highlight them all by clicking and dragging...then right click and goto compress, this will make a ZIP file that you can send me

if you want to compress and send them all to me i can mass post for you....if you open the files in your computer and highlight them all by clicking and dragging...then right click and goto compress, this will make a ZIP file that you can send me
Sounds great, I made the zip file of the ones I haven't posted yet. How do I send to you. I tried to send as attachment in a pm but I "don't have permissions" to do that. Want to pm me your email?

icon_cry.gif

I really missed being with all y'all.

Just to give myself the feeling like I was there, I did a rack of piggy ribs on Sunday.

My wife say they were the best I've ever done.

Musta been the Spirit of Scarbelly making it happen.

Well, I've only got one daughter to wed off so I should have no excuse next time.

Hmmmm?

When is next time?

Thanks for all the great photos,

Tom

icon_cry.gif

I really missed being with all y'all.

Just to give myself the feeling like I was there, I did a rack of piggy ribs on Sunday.

My wife say they were the best I've ever done.

Musta been the Spirit of Scarbelly making it happen.

Well, I've only got one daughter to wed off so I should have no excuse next time.

Hmmmm?

When is next time?

Thanks for all the great photos,

Tom
next November! most likely the 2nd weekend in Nov. again so mark your calendar :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky