275 Gallon Oil Tank RF Build?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jeromy Lambert

Original poster
Dec 22, 2021
Hi everyone I am new to the site. I have been smoking for a few years now with a WSM. I had a friend several years ago give me a 275 Gallon oil Tank that I have been planning on turning into a smoker. So I have been watching a few videos and have a little bit of understanding of smoking using wood as heat and smoke together. So to start off with what is the most efficient setup for this tank for smoking, upright, and having several racks or flat with one big cooking area? With upright would you be able to get smoke to all of the racks if so would you just have a taller plenum? These are the questions that have me conflicted with which way I want to build this smoker if I could get some advice from others on how I need to go about doing this build would be greatly appreciated.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky