• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

250 REVERSE FLOW W/ TRAILER BUILD

tom37

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 24, 2009
I placed the actual baffle about 2"-3" above the firebox. Hope that helps, sounds as clear as mud now that I am re-reading it
Good move, you are 100% correct that you will get extra radiant heat if the flame can reach the bottom side of the baffle plate. 2 to 3 inchs is plenty to make it work correct.

Nice work.

j-rod

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 14, 2008
Sorry guys, it has been too long since an update. Had some major computer issues but that has been worked out. I pulled the rig outside, jacked her up, and started sandblasting.

Did I mention I HATE to sandblast. I have only done it a couple of times in my life and I am still digging sand out of places my wife doesn't even know I have. Anyway, turned out great but I wanted to get some paint on that badboy ASAP before she started to rust.

kcbluesnbbq

Meat Mopper
Joined Aug 7, 2010
Looking great. Glad to see you are back online and getting to the paint stage.

Can't wait to see it painted(probably not as bad as you).

Keep us posted with the progress.

tom37

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 24, 2009
Glad to hear the comp is back up and running. 

The rig looks fantastic. It wont be long now.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Man it's really looking good!

randya

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 8, 2009
Excellent work!  Love the table over the fire box and the way you used angle on the rack guides with the top piece to secure when pulled out.  Going to start doing that myself.

nickyb

Smoke Blower
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 29, 2011
Paint?!?!!?  Leaving me drooling in anticipation man!  A really nice build you have going on there.

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Cant wait to see how this bad boy turns out. Looks great so far. What is the clearance on the firebox? You are gonna have to be careful going in and out of driveways. You might want to look at a set of removable wheels from a trailer store for the firebox.  They help keep if from scraping

smokinwelder

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 7, 2013
i like paint.............if you painted it pink we will understand.........well...maybe not!   wheres the paint?

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.