225 lbs of Christmas Gifts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

solaryellow

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 26, 2009
Orlando, FL
It just keeps growing. The first year I did 20 lbs, the following year we did 50 lbs, and then last year we did 100 lbs. Last year it only lasted a week, so this year we did 225 lbs. We are doing them in the big smoker this year. It took OBX and I nearly 12 hours to get it all mixed, stuffed, tied and into the fridge. It was nice to have the Kirby Cannon that I picked up from Nepas last year. It made stuffing a breeze.

2012-11-24_21-29-27_810.jpg

2012-11-25_17-09-58_771.jpg

The main chamber gets too warm so I am using the warming box to cook the sausage.

2012-11-25_17-16-44_537.jpg

All 4 racks are fully loaded.

2012-11-25_17-07-02_372.jpg

Cool beans. err i mean chubs. You still have my address
77.gif

I bet your HOA likes your smoker huh.

Cool beans. err i mean chubs. You still have my address :77:

I bet your HOA likes your smoker huh.

I hope to bring a few to N FL this year. I will keep a couple aside for you my friend.

As for the HOA, I have 10 days after they mail the letter for me to correct the problem. :biggrin:

Nice work Joel......You got me beat on large quantity processing...... Where u get the meat

Nice work Joel......You got me beat on large quantity processing...... Where u get the meat

I dunno about that Joe. I took the easy road this year and got two cases of 80/20 ground angus chuck from Sam's Club. My right wrist thanked me later for not getting whole chuck rolls. :biggrin:

Wow! Looks good Joel!

~Martin

Thanks Martin!

:drool: :Looks-Great: Man that a lot of sausage !!! If it is half as good as any of your other post.....it will be fantastic......

Thanks! I appreciate that. I think this is the best batch I have done yet. A dozen have come off the smoker and I think that burning hickory slabs really made a difference. :sausage:

I couldn't help but get into one of the dozen that are already done. The wifey chose jalapeno and cheddar.

2012-11-25_18-42-25_49.jpg

2012-11-25_18-44-57_263.jpg

The only difference between this and years past is that I used actual hickory slabs when smoking them as opposed to chunks. I think I will be doing it this way next year as well. The pics are after a 10 hour smoke, a 30 minute ice bath and 2 hours of blooming.

I dunno about that Joe. I took the easy road this year and got two cases of 80/20 ground angus chuck from Sam's Club. My right wrist thanked me later for not getting whole chuck rolls. :biggrin:
Thanks Martin!

You left it wide open brother... :biggrin:

And I also see a step to get up into the smoker ? I don't remember you being that short... WAITTTTT.. I do remember now all 5' of ya...

OK. so the Chubs look GREATTTTTT... hope to get a taste of them at NFLG, can't wait....

Outstanding Mi Amigo

Gracias hermano!

Thanks Martin!

You left it wide open brother... :biggrin:

And I also see a step to get up into the smoker ? I don't remember you being that short... WAITTTTT.. I do remember now all 5' of ya...

OK. so the Chubs look GREATTTTTT... hope to get a taste of them at NFLG, can't wait....

lol I sure did Keith.

The cheap axles we put underneath it made that step necessary. :biggrin:

I owe you some for the JD last year. Thumbs Up

Looks good. Did you use high temp cheese?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky