22 pound turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
At 275 figure 20 minutes per pound. 260...25 minutes per pound...JJ

Last edited:
I have a brined 20# turkey I want to smoke in my #2 Smokin` It smoker.

How long and at what temperature should I initially add smoke? When the initial smoke is added, how much time and at what temperature should it be set at? In the final stage where I want crisp skin, how much time and at what temperature should it be set at? I want the final breast temperature to be at 165* to 170*(a temperature probe will be inserted into the breast) I have a "Smokin` It" electric smoker with a digital control which will set multiple programs to accomplish the above settings. I just need to know what each one is.

I have a brined 20# turkey I want to smoke in my #2 Smokin` It smoker.

How long and at what temperature should I initially add smoke? When the initial smoke is added, how much time and at what temperature should it be set at? In the final stage where I want crisp skin, how much time and at what temperature should it be set at? I want the final breast temperature to be at 165* to 170*(a temperature probe will be inserted into the breast) I have a "Smokin` It" electric smoker with a digital control which will set multiple programs to accomplish the above settings. I just need to know what each one is.
Smoke from the start at 250, figure 25 minutes per pound for a whole bird, no stuffing. When the birds IT hits 150, about 6-7 hours in, go in a 425 Oven until the skin is crisp and the IT hits 160. Pull it out and let rest 30 minutes. The IT will cruise up to 165-170...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky