• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

22 pound turkey

raastros2

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 1, 2012
Just curious how long y'all think a 22 pound bird will take in the smoker at 260

raastros2

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 1, 2012
Smoking in my brothers MES this time around so highest temp is 275

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
At 275 figure 20 minutes per pound. 260...25 minutes per pound...JJ

Last edited:
Joined Nov 23, 2016
I have a brined 20# turkey I want to smoke in my #2 Smokin` It smoker.

How long and at what temperature should I initially add smoke? When the initial smoke is added, how much time and at what temperature should it be set at? In the final stage where I want crisp skin, how much time and at what temperature should it be set at? I want the final breast temperature to be at 165* to 170*(a temperature probe will be inserted into the breast) I have a "Smokin` It" electric smoker with a digital control which will set multiple programs to accomplish the above settings. I just need to know what each one is.

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011

I have a brined 20# turkey I want to smoke in my #2 Smokin` It smoker.

How long and at what temperature should I initially add smoke? When the initial smoke is added, how much time and at what temperature should it be set at? In the final stage where I want crisp skin, how much time and at what temperature should it be set at? I want the final breast temperature to be at 165* to 170*(a temperature probe will be inserted into the breast) I have a "Smokin` It" electric smoker with a digital control which will set multiple programs to accomplish the above settings. I just need to know what each one is.
Smoke from the start at 250, figure 25 minutes per pound for a whole bird, no stuffing. When the birds IT hits 150, about 6-7 hours in, go in a 425 Oven until the skin is crisp and the IT hits 160. Pull it out and let rest 30 minutes. The IT will cruise up to 165-170...JJ

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.