20lbs Italian, 1st Brats Pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shooterrick

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 13, 2008
South Louisiana
Well most of you have seen my Italian Sicilian Sausgage before but these were the first brats I had done.  The recipe I modified for the brats was spot on and Johnsonville can now kiss my links!  LOL

20lbs linked up:

1a552f14_Sausage10-30-10001.jpg

Packed for the freezer:

b72a24e1_Sausage10-30-10004.jpg

First Brats 5lbs this time, more later:

7fd542d8_Sausage10-30-10005.jpg

All vac packed:

89509fa6_Sausage10-30-10006.jpg

I didn't take pics this time of the whole process.  Plenty of that can be seen on my and others past posts.  The Italian was great and the Brats were spot on.   Later I will post the recipe once I transcribe my notes to the computer.  

Them look real good Rick, I'll be looking forward to your recipe for the brats.

I agree Rick about telling Johnsonville what to kiss. Since making my own I havent bought store made stuff in a long time. By the way that looks good. 

They look great Rick I'll look forward to the recipe

Great Looking Brats Rick,  Look forward to getting the recipe, as I do all your recipes...

Nice job on the brats and I'm sure they won't last very long.......

Looks great Shooter!!!

When you post that recipe, any chance of a pic after you fry a couple up?

Can't help it, can't eat them, so I want to look at 'em! 
icon_neutral.gif

Why do we call them brats?  Do they misbehave?

Bear

icon_cool.gif

Now your brats look awesome and I have told Johnsonville where to kiss myself. We haven't boiught sausage , bacon, or kunch meat in atleast a year now. Oh yea tell Sandy there's two LL's in my last name. She is writing me a check or are you not suppose to know that....? OOps 

Last edited:
Mark, you will be getting the check in the mail as soon as the Federal Government balances my check book.  LMAO 

Mark, you will be getting the check in the mail as soon as the Federal Government balances my check book.  LMAO 
Rick

The way they balance a checkbook is to take it to zero. Hope that never happens

Looking forward to the recipe as well.  Gotta tell ya I use your Chicken rub all the time and always get great compliments

Gary

Those look great!  In all the years of doing sausage, I have yet to make brats.  Most recipes called for various meat mixes I never felt like purchasing.  I will do some soon, I think.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky