• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've seen that before.
I would think it would be fairly easy to acquire permission beings they cause such a problem or are the landowners looking for the green like they do up here for hunting?

Sorry tallbm tallbm , didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Last edited:
Guess it depends on the rancher... I know the farmers that have crops hate them and would probably be more willing...

They are all over in the swamps here around home. I get calls from people that offer them and get 4-5 every year. It is good meat if you know how to handle it properly.

Reactions: Winterrider
I've seen that before.
I would think it would be fairly easy to acquire permission beings they cause such a problem or are the landowners looking for the green like they do up here for hunting?

Sorry tallbm tallbm , didn't mean to hijack your thread.
No need to apologize, I don't feel its hijacking at all haha.

It's kind of of funny in the state. Landowners complain nonstop about the feral hogs but then on the other hand they don't want to let anyone come shoot them.

The issue comes down to letting people on your property with firearms. There's just so many careless people and so many nuts that treat the situation like a game rather than treating the situation with the seriousness needed when a firearm is involved. Land owners are very aware of this and don't want to risk people shooting on their land.

It's a shame because the responsible hunters get ruled out because of the non-responsible folks.
If you have connections then definitely find someone that will let you hunt em and remove as many as you like! They eat well :D

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky