2 Whole Roasters on my Cookshack SM025

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

plano26

Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Lost in the Desert
Received my Cookshack SM025 this past Friday; Saturday was babybacks with Dutch's Wicked BBQ Beans; Sunday was 2 whole roasters for a pre-trial for Turkey day.

1st Roaster marinated in Root beer, Garlic powder and ground black pepper overnight (marinate taken from Cookshacks site).  2nd roaster was just rubbed with some chicken rub that I picked up.

Smoked them for about 3 hours at 250 with Hickory; they turned out very juicy even without the brine.

Roasters:

Rootbeer:

Chicken rubbed:

Dinner with leftover Wicked BBQ Beans and a salad:

Love smoked chicken, I may have to try that rootbeer one. those look very good, how did your skin turn out? Did you open the door at any time to dump the humidity?

I must say that the Chuicken looked good , howeverit looked like you usd several different filters.

Not that it makes a darn , but the taste is what counts
icon_exclaim.gif

Besure to let us know how they turned out (with some Q-view) after your Noon meal or the Evening meal.
biggrin.gif

Hope you have a wonderful day , and as always . . .

Hi shtrdave; the skin turned out fairly well; wasn't too rubbery and I didn't open to vent; just let it roll until it hit Temp.  Wrested it for 20 minutes after I pulled it out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky