2 New Smoker/Grills from Camp Chef Today!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TulsaJeff

Smoke Whisperer
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
Jun 28, 2005
Tulsa, OK
This morning I looked out my office window and a large RTL truck had pulled up. I went out to meet the driver and he had 2 pallets from Camp Chef. One is the new Woodwind Pro 24-inch and the other is the 36-inch Apex grill with the gas attachment.

campcheff-delivery-101322.jpg

I'm going out of town tomorrow but I will look forward to getting these put together soon and testing these out and letting you guys know how they stack up.

Has anyone used these yet? If so, what do you think so far?

I tend to like most of what Camp Chef does.. they have some good products out there. It's not American made but they seem to do a great job of making sure the products are made to high standards.

I still use the original Woodwind and the Woodwind Wi-fi that I've had for years so the products do hold up well if they are kept covered and receive basic maintenance.

Since you will be out of town ill come pick them up for you and you can come get them once I put them together.

LOL

Will be very interested in your testing of the woodwind pro model. Maybe you can do a comparison cook with the new pro model vs the original woodwind with a added smoke tube in it. See if the new pro model really does add " better " smoke flavor vs just using a smoke tube.

Reactions: TulsaJeff
Jeff, your unbiased opinions on the new offerings from Camp Chef would be greatly appreciated. While this site is geared to generating money, I feel like you will do honest reviews of these, and other products.

Jeff, your unbiased opinions on the new offerings from Camp Chef would be greatly appreciated. While this site is geared to generating money, I feel like you will do honest reviews of these, and other products.
I appreciate the vote of confidence..

The Woodwind Pro has a special box that lets you add wood chips, chunks, pellets or charcoal. When it's in place, it sits right over the flame and creates smoke that is supposed to taste more like what you'd get in a charcoal smoker like the WSM, pit barrel, etc.

You could certainly do this yourself by wrapping chips in foil and placing it on top of the heat shield but you'd only be able to add it at the beginning. To add more in the middle of the cook would be a pain and require removal of the racks.

I figure what Camp Chef has done is make it really easy.. that's where I'm thinking it might be really cool.

We'll see.

I look forward to seeing how it stacks up against the older Woodwinds with a smoke tube.

Reactions: DougE
I appreciate the vote of confidence..

The Woodwind Pro has a special box that lets you add wood chips, chunks, pellets or charcoal. When it's in place, it sits right over the flame and creates smoke that is supposed to taste more like what you'd get in a charcoal smoker like the WSM, pit barrel, etc.

You could certainly do this yourself by wrapping chips in foil and placing it on top of the heat shield but you'd only be able to add it at the beginning. To add more in the middle of the cook would be a pain and require removal of the racks.

I figure what Camp Chef has done is make it really easy.. that's where I'm thinking it might be really cool.

We'll see.

I look forward to seeing how it stacks up against the older Woodwinds with a smoke tube.
They sure did make some large claims in their teaser videos and the release. Also had a large sponsorship by mainstream bbq guys. I've got a 5yr old pitboss with no issues but starting to show her age. I'm in the market for what camp chef is offering if it's as good as they say. Not a lot of unbiased reviews out there yet

Reactions: jcam222 and DougE
Maybe bought my RT590 a little too early … enjoying it, but if the Pro is all it’s cracked up to be …🤔

Really interested in testing and looking foward for your experience. Excited how they differs from old ones.

I’d just like to see your stable of smokers.
Could you give us a video tour of your smoker stash.
I remember seeing you in your front yard with a Brinkman.
You were in 20 mph winds, showing everyone that you can smoke anything on a ECB. That was when I first joined up here. Been a great ride!!
Al

I’d just like to see your stable of smokers.
Could you give us a video tour of your smoker stash.
I remember seeing you in your front yard with a Brinkman.
You were in 20 mph winds, showing everyone that you can smoke anything on a ECB. That was when I first joined up here. Been a great ride!!
Al
I’ll have to see what I can do about that lol

Reactions: civilsmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky