1st Turkey with a GOSM propane

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mmsmoke

Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
My turkey is 13# all natural, no preservatives.  I did not brine it.  I had to look up what brine means.  I rinsed it and removed the neck and giblets.  I rubbed olive oil all around.  I seasoned it with garlic, onion, paprika, italian seasoning and added soy sauce at the very end.  Right now, I have the breast down on a foil pan and is foiled covered.  It is in the fridge to be smoked no earlier than 6am.

Do I leave it in the pan (foil cover removed) to smoke?  I will put the breast up.  Or do I put it on the grill grates directly?  I prefer the pan so I don't have to clean up the grill grates.

We plan to watch Harry Potter, Part 1 at the movie theater at 11am.  We would leave the propane smoker unattended for 3 hours.  We plan to eat the turkey during the Cowboy's game.  What time should we start smoking the turkey?  We would make sure there is plenty of water in the pan before we leave.

Any other hints would be appreciated.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky