1st try sausage patties w/view :)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

realtorterry

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 5, 2009
Bullhead City, AZ
So after talking with BMUDD & realizing I didn't have to have a grinder stuffer to try some sausage I had to try. Got my spices from Coulmbia ( thanks again bmudd) Bought some ground pork. Three teaspoons of the spices in the processor & then a pan fry test!!

64118e35_sausage4.jpg

4daaac73_sausage5.jpg

These were awesome fist time out. I put some green chili's & monterey for the wife which was another hit!! Going to try the brat spice next! It' spouring outside so I can't try to smoke any yet, but I think I made my plea for a grinder/stuffer.   

Yes theres even a cheaper on at gander for their balck friday sale for $50.00. Just have other obligations right now
icon_confused.gif

Looks good glad to hear ya'll liked it. Sounds like we have a new sausage maker on the site
biggrin.gif

Hey Terry

Great looking sausage - glad to see you join the sausage team - I am going to post up some apple sausage we did a couple of weeks ago and you will love it

Yes theres even a cheaper on at gander for their balck friday sale for $50.00. Just have other obligations right now
icon_confused.gif
terry, i feel ya there brother..........just waiting or a change. nice lookin sausage....someone had a gyro sausage that didn't need a stuffer since it was just hand formed.

icon_cool.gif

One thing for sure, You can't beat homemade sausage. Not even close bravo to the new sausage maker.

Thanks guys I will be making & smoking these more. Quick question though. They were kinda dry. I noticed others added some fat? can I use fat from a cap maybe?? Or bacon ends??

Get yourself an inexpensive meat grinder, and you'll be able to control the amount of fat mixed in your sausage.  I save trim from pork shoulders in the freezer, and grind it up when I make sausage.  My last batch was almost 80#.  I try to keep the total fat content around 20%, so I usually add some fat to pork when I grind it.

Your sausage is probably too lean.  Also, when you mix in your seasonings, mix the seasonings in some water and then dump in your ground pork.

Todd

Terry that's great. I'm glad you weren't disappointed

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky