1st swing at lamb

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SoMDGuy

Original poster
Jan 1, 2021
I found a recipe on some Australian website that I used to guide me. In reality I just did a reverse sear after getting the IT up to 140, finished at 145.
lamb.jpg
cooked.jpg

Looks pretty darned good from where I'm sitting, Like! What kind of smoker, wood? RAY

that looks delish! Nice work! I love a good MR lamb...reverse sear is the way to do it right! big like!

I eat lamb often.... you know, 50,000 coyotes can't be wrong. :emoji_laughing: Is that a loin or a boneless arm roast? Our local lamb Co-op recently lost it's processing plant to a beef producer, so scrambling to find smaller processors is really hard, and a long waiting list.

I eat lamb often.... you know, 50,000 coyotes can't be wrong. :emoji_laughing: Is that a loin or a boneless arm roast? Our local lamb Co-op recently lost it's processing plant to a beef producer, so scrambling to find smaller processors is really hard, and a long waiting list.
It was a loin and I picked it up at an Aldi grocery store. It was only $11 and change so I didn't really have much to lose. My FIL LOVES lamb, so my wife has already placed an order for him. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up 4 or 5 more today and hook him up in a couple of weeks.

That looks delicious!
We love lamb, but don’t buy it too often because it’s just to darn expensive.
Al

It was a loin and I picked it up at an Aldi grocery store. It was only $11 and change so I didn't really have much to lose. My FIL LOVES lamb, so my wife has already placed an order for him. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up 4 or 5 more today and hook him up in a couple of weeks.
If you have a chance to try domestic lamb give it a shot. Slightly different flavor than imported, but I'm slightly biased.... I live in sheep country.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky