1st Kings of the season

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
b980f927_SNV30314.jpg
3fe84e93_SNV30312.jpg
d99f153b_SNV30322.jpg

The dry brine pulls out all moisture seen in the picture.  I did not add liquid at all.  Thanks for all the great replys and I will think of each and every one of you when I MUNCH OUT..  
laugh1.gif

a sum total of 27.4 pounds of unadultrated, vacuum sealed Alaskan King Salmon--in the freezer  MINUS a few bites here and there..

Thanks to all for the kind comments.. Been a loooong weekend with little sleep.. but well worth the effort and will do again next weekend  (wed-thurs) my weekend that is..

Rich

Took the wife about 35 minutes, she got the big one... and mine was about 10 minutes-- Took a total of 3 days to turn them into smoked salmon candy and smoked chunks..

Rich

Excellent job!  Not only on the finished product, but also on the catching.
Looks-Great.gif
Love some Indian candy!

Nothing better than smoked King Salmon.  Every few years of so, the Kings return to spawn in the Ventura area, heading I assume back to the Ventura and Santa Clara rivers... been lucky enough to catch a few on my boat....

ec54e314_howie-salmon3.jpg

Check that, nothing better than fresh King salmon....

Thanks for the idea for Horsdevours for August.  I see man candy for the guests before the meat is done.  Now where do I catch a salmon in Colorado?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky