1st Kings of the season

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alaskanbear

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 24, 2011
Winnsboro, Texas
yeah, yeah she got the bigger one..

041661f0_SNV30282.jpg

Filleting time

07bbf882_SNV30287.jpg

OMG !!!!

I'm only the 4th one to reply on this!!!

Others couldn't take it, and must have passed out !!!

I gotta see a lot more of this smoke!   Such beautiful Salmon!   AWESOME color in those babies !!!!!

MORE!

MORE!

MORE!

BTW: Great BearView by the Alaskan Bear!

The Pennsy Bear appreciates that very much!

Thanks AB,

Bear

Last edited:
Real nice fish!!!!

Nice yard too, love the birches in the background.

Craig

Is this "For Real!"

I just checked flight times to Alaska, just in-case you need an assistant!!

Todd

AB, Morning. Love the pics of the kings. Did the salmon make their own brine from the dry rub or did you add some liquid?

Great color on the Kings.  Now, that filet knife....... that is not your average knife.  My Uncle had one like that.  Funny, he spent many, many years in Alaska.  Must be Alaskan thing.  The size of the fish up there make it necessary.  Yes, I am jealous.

Last edited:
Beautiful fish AB!

My wife and I did the Kenai two summers ago. Me on the fly rod and her on my back with a 50mm Nikon and a Mossberg 12 ga "sweeper". She's mighty handy to have around.

Our freezer has been empty (of sockeye anyway) for a long time now though. And you are making me look at the Alaskan Air site to check flight costs!

Can't wait to see the smoke!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky