1st cook Pit Boss chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

muskyjunky

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 13, 2018
Northeast Ohio
IMG_1016.JPG
i posted this originally in pellet smoker page but wanted to share good results with my first ever cook on a pellet smoker . It really did come out great . Used a local rub , no injection or brine . Family loved it . Took about 4 hours with some messing around learning my new set-up . Thanks for looking

Thank you guys . I really enjoyed today and being patient to get this done . My TP 20 really helped me out as I patiently diciferred readings from the cooker . I'm gonna play around with placement of my cooker probe . My TP was reading a bit higher then the therm on the barrel and Read out on the LED . Those pretty much matched each other whole time . I had my TP near the wall by the hopper . Might have been a hot zone . But none the less , I brought the bird to temp and was very happy . Crisp skin but steaming bones . Smoke was there but could use some more . Having said that , the family was hungry so I kicked up the temp to finish . I may add a amazn to my set up for more deep smoke . I only say this from what I've read from others on here .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky