15 Pound American Butt..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rollsmoketide

Original poster
Nov 28, 2013
Picked up a nice 15 lb. Butt for this weekend. That's the size I'm needing. I'd rather not cut it in half but never smoked a Butt that size on an MES. Going 240 temp for at least 1.5/hr per pound. Thinking Hickory. Thoughts or tips for a Butt going for 22 hours or so? Again, using a MES. I know it's not ideal for a Butt this big.

Only tip I can think for a cook that long is have lots of beer in the cooler!
biggrin.gif

Reactions: rollsmoketide
You sure that is not two butts together or a whole shoulder (Butt + Picnic)? If i came from Costco or Sam's Club its likely two butts. But if its not definitely take pics because I want to see one that big! good luck with your smoke either way.

Happy Smoking,

phatbac (Aaron)

You sure that is not two butts together or a whole shoulder (Butt + Picnic)? If i came from Costco or Sam's Club its likely two butts. But if its not definitely take pics because I want to see one that big! good luck with your smoke either way.

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

It's one whole Butt from Butcher. Not two Butts. I'll throw some progress pics up!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky