12.6 lb pork butt goin on the cooker!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mbuxx

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 5, 2016
Chatham, ontario
It's time, the weekend is here and I'm feeling some pulled pork, one of my all time favorites.

52331aac9d19227d1eb882edc714a4d0.jpg

Got the rub on her and letting her sit for a bit before throwing on the smoker.

88918f907b606fa8c479550813db3912.jpg

This is gunna be a long one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is one pretty piece of meat.  I'll be watching this on closely. And you're correct. It going to take a while! b

That's a big one indeed! What smoker, what wood? Sounds fantastic!

Hey red, I'm using a gmg Daniel Boone. It's a blend of maple, cherry, and oak (because this is the only pellet available in a 100 km radius of me)

I actually really like them with everything I've done so far though :)

1b3ca4807b39d1ddbe2f9eb07dd7b28c.jpg

Total cook time was 13.5 hours, she's takin a little rest now as we go to the park

Hey red, I'm using a gmg Daniel Boone. It's a blend of maple, cherry, and oak (because this is the only pellet available in a 100 km radius of me)

I actually really like them with everything I've done so far though :)

How do you like your Daniel Boone? My father has that. I have the Davy Crockett for tailgating and a Traeger Texas Elite for the house. Like hearing from other pellet heads.

I love it, mine came shipped with a bad control board, but customer service was top knotch. I've put about 120 lbs of pellets thru it so far with zero issues and it's been spot on for every cook! I wouldn't mind me a davey crockett for camping!!

Took the DC camping last summer and smoked a butt on it for about 15 hours. Wish I had taken pics, but I was doing a lot of marinating of my liver throughout. It came out great, and was devoured by my buddies. Beers, guns, and pulled pork made for a great day!

Took the DC camping last summer and smoked a butt on it for about 15 hours. Wish I had taken pics, but I was doing a lot of marinating of my liver throughout. It came out great, and was devoured by my buddies. Beers, guns, and pulled pork made for a great day!

Sounds like a hell of a time!

Very nice PP. point. B

Thanks Skelly!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky