100% Mesquite Pellets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shamilton

Original poster
Jun 27, 2019
Alright - I've given up.

To preface the conversation, I really appreciate a pellet that is 100% of what is says on the bag. If it says Hickory, I better be getting 100% Hickory hardwood, nothing else. That is why I have migrated towards only using Lumberjack and Cookinpellets.

Say what you will, but I believe that 100% Mesquite pellets on a pellet smoker produce a good, hearty smoke that isn't overwhelming.

The problem, though, with that statement is that I cannot find a pellet brand that is 100% Mesquite hardwood, and nothing else. I used to use Lumberjack 100% Mesquite, but of course, they stopped producing them due to lack of demand.

Tell me one of two things:
  1. You know another vendor that sells 100% Mesquite pellets and you're willing to save the day...or
  2. I am crazy, and no one really does 100% Mesquite pellet smoking beside me

Either way, it's an answer, and I'm grateful for it. Thank you!

Alright - I've given up.

To preface the conversation, I really appreciate a pellet that is 100% of what is says on the bag. If it says Hickory, I better be getting 100% Hickory hardwood, nothing else. That is why I have migrated towards only using Lumberjack and Cookinpellets.

Say what you will, but I believe that 100% Mesquite pellets on a pellet smoker produce a good, hearty smoke that isn't overwhelming.

The problem, though, with that statement is that I cannot find a pellet brand that is 100% Mesquite hardwood, and nothing else. I used to use Lumberjack 100% Mesquite, but of course, they stopped producing them due to lack of demand.

1. You know another vendor that sells 100% Mesquite pellets and you're willing to save the day...or

Hi there and welcome!

OMG no way they are eliminating it, they cant!!! Are you sure?

You can order it to Dick's Sporting Goods if you have one near you:

[EDIT] I know of no other 100% Mesquite pellet brand out there and I have looked. I hope they have not stopped producing it.

I didn't know they stopped making them. I just bought a bag on Saturday and there was an entire full pallet of them at rural King. I may have to go back

Reactions: shamilton
rural king in Knoxville only carries the blend. would like to try 100% but have yet to lay eyes on any

I guess if anyone is real interested, my rural king has them for 8.88 this week.

I could pick them up, but you would have to pay the shipping. And I don't know what shipping would be on 20/40 or 60 or more lbs of pellets lol

Hi there and welcome!

OMG no way they are eliminating it, they cant!!! Are you sure?

You can order it to Dick's Sporting Goods if you have one near you:

[EDIT] I know of no other 100% Mesquite pellet brand out there and I have looked. I hope they have not stopped producing it.

Sadly they have. I copied the E-mail below...Dick's still has them, but they're $25 a bag, which is ridiculous. Alright, well, looks like I'll have to try the blend to see what those results are like.

E-mail:

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for using Lumber Jack brand grilling pellets! We discontinued
the 100% Mesquite pellet due to low demand for it. I'm sorry for the
inconvenience, but you might find a similar smoke from our Mesquite Blend.

Thank you,

Caryn Gorney
Great Lakes Renewable Energy, Inc. | Lumber Jack Brand Grilling Pellets
715-934-4573 <tel:(715)%20934-7500> | [email protected]
<mailto:[email protected]> | 16592 W US Hwy 63 S., Hayward WI 54843
| www.bbqlumberjack.com <http://www.bbqlumberjack.com/> | Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/bbqlumberjack/>

Sadly they have. I copied the E-mail below...Dick's still has them, but they're $25 a bag, which is ridiculous. Alright, well, looks like I'll have to try the blend to see what those results are like.

E-mail:

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for using Lumber Jack brand grilling pellets! We discontinued
the 100% Mesquite pellet due to low demand for it. I'm sorry for the
inconvenience, but you might find a similar smoke from our Mesquite Blend.

Thank you,

Caryn Gorney
Great Lakes Renewable Energy, Inc. | Lumber Jack Brand Grilling Pellets
715-934-4573 <tel:(715)%20934-7500> | [email protected]
<mailto:[email protected]> | 16592 W US Hwy 63 S., Hayward WI 54843
| www.bbqlumberjack.com <http://www.bbqlumberjack.com/> | Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/bbqlumberjack/>
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Looks like i better buy a bunch up since they are going away :(((((

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Looks like i better buy a bunch up since they are going away :(((((

I order a pallet of lumberjack pellets a couple of weeks ago and was very disappointed that I couldn't get the 100% mesquite. Apple is also going that direction. They still had the a100% apple in stock for now. I also believe the 100% pecan has been discontinued. I was a sad day, when I found out.

I order a pallet of lumberjack pellets a couple of weeks ago and was very disappointed that I couldn't get the 100% mesquite. Apple is also going that direction. They still had the a100% apple in stock for now. I also believe the 100% pecan has been discontinued. I was a sad day, when I found out.

Ugh, apple going away too? I dont care if pecan is going away but Apple is too good! I would rather Cherry go away since it dont burn for crap on its own.

No mesquite but they do list a couple other 100% pellets:

Also another listing 100% but again no mesquite:

Alright - I've given up.

Alright - I've given up.

Either way, it's an answer, and I'm grateful for it. Thank
Ugh, apple going away too? I dont care if pecan is going away but Apple is too good! I would rather Cherry go away since it dont burn for crap on its own.
Hamlin mesquite products has 3 flavors that are 100%
Alright - I've given up.

A company called Hamlin mesquite products has 3 pellet flavors that are 100% of the hardwood pellet they carry. #1. 100% mesquite pellets, #2. 100% pecan and mesquite mix and # 3. Is called beef mix which is 100% mix of mesquite, post oak and .pecan. I’ve tried the 100% mix mesquite and it is awesome. Produces a lot of smoke , just like a wood smoker. . A 20lb bag cost around 16$ Not including shipping costs. United supermarkets or Albertsons carries their products if you have one on your area. You can check out there website for a list of vendors that carry there products or order directly from them. I’ve tried most of the popular pellets brands including Lumberjack. Hamlin mesquite products is hands down the best pellet for smoking I’ve used. Hope this helps.

This company lists several unblended pellet products:

I can't say as I appreciate the reasoning behind blending, especially when different brands don't clarify what proportions they use (which likely varies from company to company):

"When you buy cherry wood chips or chunks, that wood is 100% cherry wood. However, when you buy cherry wood pellets, they’re usually a blend of cherry and a base wood, such as oak or alder. While that may sound deceptive, there are good reasons for this practice. Using an oak or alder base creates consistency in pellet performance in your grill. Different types of wood have different densities, burn at different rates, and produce different amounts of heat, smoke and ash. For instance, cherry burns faster than hickory, so using 100% cherry you’d go through more pellets than if using 100% hickory. The addition of oak allows every flavor to burn at a similar rate and with a similar heat output, providing consistency from cook to cook."

So what you're saying is, you're catering to the people whose only criterion is -taking the same amount of time/pellets- each cook, not to temperature or flavor? I get that different woods are different; that's why I buy them!

Reactions: tallbm
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky