• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

100% Mesquite Pellets

shamilton

Joined Jun 27, 2019
Alright - I've given up.

To preface the conversation, I really appreciate a pellet that is 100% of what is says on the bag. If it says Hickory, I better be getting 100% Hickory hardwood, nothing else. That is why I have migrated towards only using Lumberjack and Cookinpellets.

Say what you will, but I believe that 100% Mesquite pellets on a pellet smoker produce a good, hearty smoke that isn't overwhelming.

The problem, though, with that statement is that I cannot find a pellet brand that is 100% Mesquite hardwood, and nothing else. I used to use Lumberjack 100% Mesquite, but of course, they stopped producing them due to lack of demand.

Tell me one of two things:
  1. You know another vendor that sells 100% Mesquite pellets and you're willing to save the day...or
  2. I am crazy, and no one really does 100% Mesquite pellet smoking beside me

Either way, it's an answer, and I'm grateful for it. Thank you!

tallbm

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 30, 2016
Alright - I've given up.

To preface the conversation, I really appreciate a pellet that is 100% of what is says on the bag. If it says Hickory, I better be getting 100% Hickory hardwood, nothing else. That is why I have migrated towards only using Lumberjack and Cookinpellets.

Say what you will, but I believe that 100% Mesquite pellets on a pellet smoker produce a good, hearty smoke that isn't overwhelming.

The problem, though, with that statement is that I cannot find a pellet brand that is 100% Mesquite hardwood, and nothing else. I used to use Lumberjack 100% Mesquite, but of course, they stopped producing them due to lack of demand.

Tell me one of two things:
  1. You know another vendor that sells 100% Mesquite pellets and you're willing to save the day...or
  2. I am crazy, and no one really does 100% Mesquite pellet smoking beside me

Either way, it's an answer, and I'm grateful for it. Thank you!
Hi there and welcome!

OMG no way they are eliminating it, they cant!!! Are you sure?

You can order it to Dick's Sporting Goods if you have one near you:

[EDIT] I know of no other 100% Mesquite pellet brand out there and I have looked. I hope they have not stopped producing it.

fivetricks

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 7, 2017
I didn't know they stopped making them. I just bought a bag on Saturday and there was an entire full pallet of them at rural King. I may have to go back

mike243

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 25, 2018
rural king in Knoxville only carries the blend. would like to try 100% but have yet to lay eyes on any

fivetricks

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 7, 2017
I guess if anyone is real interested, my rural king has them for 8.88 this week.

I could pick them up, but you would have to pay the shipping. And I don't know what shipping would be on 20/40 or 60 or more lbs of pellets lol

shamilton

Joined Jun 27, 2019
Hi there and welcome!

OMG no way they are eliminating it, they cant!!! Are you sure?

You can order it to Dick's Sporting Goods if you have one near you:

[EDIT] I know of no other 100% Mesquite pellet brand out there and I have looked. I hope they have not stopped producing it.
Sadly they have. I copied the E-mail below...Dick's still has them, but they're $25 a bag, which is ridiculous. Alright, well, looks like I'll have to try the blend to see what those results are like.

E-mail:

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for using Lumber Jack brand grilling pellets! We discontinued
the 100% Mesquite pellet due to low demand for it. I'm sorry for the
inconvenience, but you might find a similar smoke from our Mesquite Blend.

Thank you,

Caryn Gorney
Great Lakes Renewable Energy, Inc. | Lumber Jack Brand Grilling Pellets
715-934-4573 <tel:(715)%20934-7500> | [email protected]
<mailto:[email protected]> | 16592 W US Hwy 63 S., Hayward WI 54843
| www.bbqlumberjack.com <http://www.bbqlumberjack.com/> | Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/bbqlumberjack/>

tallbm

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 30, 2016
Sadly they have. I copied the E-mail below...Dick's still has them, but they're $25 a bag, which is ridiculous. Alright, well, looks like I'll have to try the blend to see what those results are like.

E-mail:

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for using Lumber Jack brand grilling pellets! We discontinued
the 100% Mesquite pellet due to low demand for it. I'm sorry for the
inconvenience, but you might find a similar smoke from our Mesquite Blend.

Thank you,

Caryn Gorney
Great Lakes Renewable Energy, Inc. | Lumber Jack Brand Grilling Pellets
715-934-4573 <tel:(715)%20934-7500> | [email protected]
<mailto:[email protected]> | 16592 W US Hwy 63 S., Hayward WI 54843
| www.bbqlumberjack.com <http://www.bbqlumberjack.com/> | Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/bbqlumberjack/>
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Looks like i better buy a bunch up since they are going away :(((((

2008RN

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 4, 2018
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Looks like i better buy a bunch up since they are going away :(((((
I order a pallet of lumberjack pellets a couple of weeks ago and was very disappointed that I couldn't get the 100% mesquite. Apple is also going that direction. They still had the a100% apple in stock for now. I also believe the 100% pecan has been discontinued. I was a sad day, when I found out.

tallbm

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 30, 2016
I order a pallet of lumberjack pellets a couple of weeks ago and was very disappointed that I couldn't get the 100% mesquite. Apple is also going that direction. They still had the a100% apple in stock for now. I also believe the 100% pecan has been discontinued. I was a sad day, when I found out.
Ugh, apple going away too? I dont care if pecan is going away but Apple is too good! I would rather Cherry go away since it dont burn for crap on its own.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.