$1.49/lb ribs at Lidl 6/26/2019 - 7/2/2019

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

solman

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 13, 2015
i did a search here for "lidl" and didn't really come up with much. they currently have their st louis style ribs on sale for $1.49/lb. i picked up 5 and plan to do one tonight. if it's any good i may go and pick up 5 more. anyone have any thoughts on their quality?

https://www.lidl.com/products/1066283
St. Louis style spare ribs are cut in a particular way so they brown easier during the cooking process than other ribs. Born, raised and harvested in the USA, our St. Louis style ribs spare nothing when it comes to quality.
fresh never frozen
pork from group housed systems
born, raised and harvested in the USA
no growth promotants

here's a photo comparison of the Lidl ribs compared to the Hatfield brand ribs I usually buy from Giant. the Lidl brand was definitely more pink. the hatfield label says "previously frozen" while the Lidl label says "fresh never frozen." the Lidl brand ribs i did last night was definitely tasty (sorry no photos). i think $1.49/lb is the cheapest i've ever seen for ribs. time to stock up?

The only question i'd ask is whether it has any crap added to "enhance flavor" (AKA line their pockets by making you pay meat prices for water or some nasty broth....). If it's 100% pork that's a great price.

here's a closeup of the Lidl label. as far as i can tell, it's 100% pork and there was very little juice when i opened it up. time to stock up! :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky