Smokey Ghost Hot Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wildfire move over Smokey Ghost says hold my beer! Awhile back I made a smokey sauce with fermented habaneros and superhots. It was pretty popular with the folks who tried it. I did have a few requests for View attachment 686749hotter version. This is it. Smokey Ghost is not for the faint of heart. 100% ghost peppers with a heavy smoke and hint of cumin flavor profile. A little goes a long way!. Ghost peppers from my garden fermented in a 3.5% sea salt brine for 3 months before making the sauce and then aged another 3 months before bottling. Other than on any good where extreme heat and smoke are desired this will be awesome mixed into bbq sauce to amp it up. Thanks for looking!
That sounds really hot Jeff. I just started fermenting my first batch of habaneros after finding this forum. It's only been 2 weeks so I have a long way to go. Can you explain what you mean by "aged another 3 months"? I have an idea now of what the fermentation process looks like but I am not familiar with aging it after it ferments. I hope to start one more batch of habaneros from my latest harvest and look forward to the summer where I have already started 8 different pepper varieties from seed. Two of them are super hots: 7 Pot Yellow and 7 Pot Chocolate. Thx for the willingness to help a newbie.

That sounds really hot Jeff. I just started fermenting my first batch of habaneros after finding this forum. It's only been 2 weeks so I have a long way to go. Can you explain what you mean by "aged another 3 months"? I have an idea now of what the fermentation process looks like but I am not familiar with aging it after it ferments. I hope to start one more batch of habaneros from my latest harvest and look forward to the summer where I have already started 8 different pepper varieties from seed. Two of them are super hots: 7 Pot Yellow and 7 Pot Chocolate. Thx for the willingness to help a newbie.
Once I processed it and added flavors I allowed it to sit in a jar for another few months to let flavors meld and mature. You can do this with something like a wood chunk in it too. Just something I'm playing with. For your first ferment you may be able to process that at 4-6 weeks as long as the PH is low enough. Flavor will be good.

Once I processed it and added flavors I allowed it to sit in a jar for another few months to let flavors meld and mature. You can do this with something like a wood chunk in it too. Just something I'm playing with. For your first ferment you may be able to process that at 4-6 weeks as long as the PH is low enough. Flavor will be good.
That's an interesting way of doing it. I've always fermented everything at once, not in two stages. I might try that next time I make some hot sauce.

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky